Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Steve Vai's Autobiography?

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  punchingboy 
#1 ·
Isn't it about time Steve wrote a book about his life. I bet it would make a very interesting read.What does everyone else think?

#3 ·
His stories of just auditioning and playing with Zappa are probably enough for half a book.
Toss in DLR and a page for Alcatrazz, and Whitesnake and I'm sure you've got some interesting reading.
I would wonder if he'd have the heart to post all the facts surrounding his various departures from the DLR band, etc. Someone like Diamond Dave might flip out, but then again, he's no stranger to conflict.

#5 ·
I would wonder if he'd have the heart to post all the facts surrounding his various departures from the DLR band, etc. Someone like Diamond Dave might flip out, but then again, he's no stranger to conflict.
Would you be able to elaborate or private some links for reading on this subject at all. I've always wondered what prompted Vai's leave from DLR's band and have never been able to find anything. At first I thought perhaps he just felt like a change, but then there were the Alcatrazz and Whitesnake gigs where he was still in a similar scene for a short while before going solo, so its always been a small area of interest to me.

#7 ·
Yeah, he was never a druggie and stuff so the ups and downs wouldn't, at least as far as I know, be as dynamic maybe. But who knows. It's the same with Satch I think too. Both of them haven't had a tough going with drugs, alcohol and scandals like some other noteworthy guitar players.

#15 ·
I remember how he once had his childhood-to-adulthood journals up on Vai.com. They were a very interesting read. He had some awesome stories. There was one hilarious one about a urinary tract infection.

I really regret not printing off a copy or saving a local copy. They've since been taken down. They were a very, very good read. He's just like us, but extremely driven. In his journals you could almost see the "hand of God" prodding him in certain directions to get him to where he is day. The up's, and the savage downs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.