Ibanez JEM Forum banner
433K views 3K replies 146 participants last post by  dex 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If anyone is not using Firefox3 yet now is the time and make sure to enable web color managment

Use Method 2 here
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-9311-9478

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FYI:
Weekly Photographic Assignment Master Thread Link here:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75066

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start it, heres a few.

Here's the link if you want to see it bigger,for the panorama.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2224923390_7bf0d3295a_b.jpg

See less See more
#3,436 ·
Venice... 16-35LII
I thought this was a cool perspective shot looking out from the prison

the aged/colors are amazing on the canals

24-105L
different perspective of David trying to capture the amazing architecture where he now resides

The roof on the far left was where David was supposed to go, hence his proportions, that was rejected by the rulers..

side streets of Venice...

This one below is 1:1 pixel at ISO 20,000 (on manual exposure f/3.2 i must have moved the shutter to 1/800 (from 1/60) for ~4 shots but no problems thx to auto-iso)

Lightroom edits only in these shots... glen

#3,442 ·
The 7D2 with pro AF and GPS will pretty much lock up the "sports enthusiast" market in canon's favor. I wasn't impressed with the 7D image quality but 5 years later and digic 6 should make this a very favorably reviewed dSLR.

BTW i will get some more photos posted... i hastily took on a "35mm slide conversion project" (old family photos) and converted 2400+ to raw after the trip only to be given 1800 more! 6D + 70-200 worked wonderfully for this project!!! ...glen

#3,448 ·
Hey folks, what is a decent bang for your buck digital camera that would be good for pics of our favorite instrument? I find myself taking tons of pics of guitars these days and aside from me being an ignorant photographer I have a very low tier camera. Its an old kodak C713, I got for free. I find my pics lack tons of detail, which I understand is alot on the user, but Im sure the equipment is lacking as well.

#3,449 ·
you may as well ask... what guitar should i buy without any more details.

tons of systems out there, point and shoots, slr's, super zooms, mirrorless, some expensive some cheap.

whats the budget and what are you looking for. interchangeable lenses ? small for in the pocket ? good for video as well ? all-rounder ?

give some details

#3,451 ·
Well other than a strict budget, I answered as many of those questions as needed to be answered, I want a camera that is good for taking high detailed still photos of guitars, its really that simple. I know jack nothing about cameras so mirrors and lenses would be greek to me. I don't care about size, or video, I don't know if I need a camera that changes lenses cuz I don't know what changing the lens would do for me.

As far as budget, when I say best bang for the buck thats what I mean. I really don't know what to budget for one yet as far as a dollar range, but to put it in Ibanez terms the best bang for your buck in most cases is a MIJ RG570. So I guess Im asking what is the RG570 of the camera world.

#3,453 ·
Thanks for the advice folks. I ended up getting a great deal on a Canon Rebel T3i. It was more than I had planned to spend overall, but a good enough deal that if for some reason I don't like it I can make a few dollars on it. Seems like it will do all I would ever need for a camera. I may have to get a nice zoom lens but other than that it will probably take me a month just to figure it all out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.