Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Fiancée!!!!!

8K views 70 replies 29 participants last post by  Meechy 
#1 ·
I just mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I'd do a 'formal' thread for it here so I don't hijack another thread.

JEFF ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!

We said before we were going to wait, and we still are, but he found a ring that is just AMAZING and thought 'even if we're engaged we don't have to get married right away', so he got it and asked me.
Against what I'd said before, I emphatically said "YES". :D
We're not going to set a date; yet, but it feels so amazing just being engaged, knowing that it's for real now, not just some 'speculation' that could happen 'someday'.
We have a 'contract' now and I'm going to hold him to it. LOL
I'm not just 'vibrating' right now, I'm absolutely 'buzzing'. ;)
It wasn't some big 'Hollywood' style proposal.... fancy clothes, big fancy restaurant... nope: we were actually just sitting on the sofa (well, I was laying and he was rubbing me feet) and he said, "Look what I found today." and showed me this beautiful ring.
I was like, "Um.... huh?" at first. LOL
He pulled me close and just said, "Will you be my wife someday?" and put the ring on my finger.
I swear, it couldn't have been any better than that!
I have to 'vibrate' into my clothes for work now. Just wanted to share this with my cyber-family here on Jemsite. :D

See less See more
#41 ·
Congrats. I've been engaged since last May and we have no set plans on a date nor have we started planning. I actually sold my 77FP to help pay for the ring. It was the most expensive thing I have ever bought.

Without sounds too much like a woman.....lets see the ring. I've become an expert on engagement rings since I was looking a purchased one. (not really, but I do notice them all the time now)

#47 ·
Mrs. Jim777 and I are hitting 20 years in June, and I can't imagine what life would be like single. If it's right, it's right and that's all there is to it. remember there is you, your spouse, and the relationship, and take care of all three. That's it, no real secret to it :) Well, that and don't let relatives OR KIDS EVER get between you. Marriage can be sooooo much fun; Enjoy it, don't stress :)

#50 · (Edited)
I get that, the marriage is the most important part of it, but you know us girls...most of us dream about the 'Big Day' from the time we know what it even is. We half-jokingly talked about eloping, just to piss his father off, ;) but we both want something big. None of our friends ever had a big wedding. None of my girlfriends are married, a few of his guy friends are, but they were small, 'Justice of the Peace' events...girl's daddy standing there with a shotgun and her belly just starting to show... ;)
One of my mother's friend's son had a big wedding and we all went. I was in awe of the whole thing, honestly. The long train on her dress, it was in a huge; ornate church and the reception was in a big hall, everything decorated, with a band and more food than everyone could eat...and a 4 foot cake!
Not that I want that, but it would be nice! :D
With all that said; I'd happily marry him in an alley behind a smelly gym...because I love him and want to spend my life with him. That's the most important part.
The big wedding is just one day of fun, a celebration of a new union, where two people pledge to be one; forever. With champagne, cake and making your bridal party dance to stupid songs in gaudy dresses. ;)
We've already decided; our bridal party will be dancing to 'Tequila'. LOL
Hopefully someone will start the 'Big Shoe Dance' like in 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure'. LOL
We're still on the fence about what we're going to dance to. He wants to dance to 'Love of a Lifetime' by Firehouse. I want to dance to 'A Whole New World' from the Aladdin soundtrack.
Maybe I should set up a poll and see what you guys think. :)
For the father-daughter dance we're going traditional, 'Daddy's Little Girl' but we're not going to tell him that we're going to segue that into 'Speak Softly Love' from 'The Godfather' because that's his favorite song.
Wow, after typing all that I didn't realize how much we're already started discussing... we know what church we want, looking at venues... I've seen a dozen dresses that I like... we have a good idea of what caterer we're going to use... my God! I'm freaking out already and we don't even have a date yet! LOL

#52 ·
Hello,

My post was mostly tongue in cheek. We are the same and in much the same position with the exception that Mrs. Laobi thinks 4 guitars and a crow are enough for anyone, I'd like at least double that (the second crow just to keep the other one entertained and from stealing my plectrums, lit cigarettes from my mouth and pecking at strings while I am trying to improve my terrible sweeping).

The only part I am serious about (I am sure Jeff would agree if he was not now busy behind you having nightmares about everything big wedding related). Please please please don't turn him into a mall metrosexual, several of my friends have fallen victim and have even had the nerve to suggest to me that clothing can come in other colours.

Actually it's been a while since I was on the site, got home late yesterday and fell asleep playing an old acoustic on the couch, (my beautiful wife had given up trying to wake me, thought it cute that our pet had fallen asleep perched on my head and didn't bother putting her back in her enclosure) woke up to find a beak grooming me at 5am and now I am wide awake after having to chase my first cigarette of the day around the living room.

The apology is just the result of my impeccable manners.

Seriously though, great news, whenever things are bad (there are always good patches and bad ones), or just the challenge of living with one of us man beasts gets too much, keep your last post bookmarked and read it to remind yourself why you put up with the dual sensual assault of snoring and flatulence.

#53 ·
Naa, neither of us will try to change the other. As I said; we have a great partnership.
He knows I love the mall, and does put up with it, but we go our separate ways when we do go to the mall and simply meet up when we're both done...unless we're both there for the same thing. Besides; 'mall-ratting' is best done with my girlfriends anyway. ;)
And as far as what I said about the apology; I was just teasing. I do that a lot on here. :)
Thank you for the kind words, and I'll try to remember just what made me fall in love with him, but it shouldn't be to hard. He does so many little things every day to remind me. Very little time goes by that we're together that I'm not smiling or laughing or just feeling warm and safe and content. We just got to the cabin and I decided to get my phone tethered to the laptop while Jeff cuts the grass. (He's an animal. 40 minute drive, now he's outside pushing a lawnmower.) I can see him through the window, love of my life. :)
To many have said to me, "Are you sure? You're so young and you haven't dated much."
You know when you know, right? I just smile and tell them, "Someday you'll feel this way and you'll understand..."
:)
Okay, I'm getting all gushy. I should make some breakfast. My man is going to be hungry after pushing that thing around the almost football field sized front yard here. :)
Thanks again for the good wishes, and good advice.

#55 ·
That's where we plan to honeymoon too! :D
We're going to book a room at one of the Disney Resort hotels. Maybe the one with the monorail that goes right through it. I can't remember the name and I'm too tired (lazy) to look it up now. :)
Wedding by the water, sounds lovely. :)

#57 ·
More updates:
Finally locked down a date!
We have less than a year to get it all worked out, but Oct. 17 2015......we picked that date because it's the 'phony' holiday called 'Sweetest Day'.
The church and the reception hall are free that date, we just have to sign the papers and put a deposit on the hall. Oh, and being Catholic, and a Catholic church, we have to find a Pre-Cana class before the church will even consider marrying us. I friend of mom's told me all about it......they teach you how to stay married and how to not get pregnant until you want to by using methods other than contraceptives.
Some crap about taking vaginal temperature, keeping track of ovulation, blah blah.
She said someone asked if it worked and they told her "absolutely!", then mentioned that they have 4 kids......only 2 of them planned. LOL
Now.....dress, tux, invitations, band, food, bridesmaids dresses, etc. etc. etc.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)
And, as you can tell, can't sleep' again. :(
Oh, and we got a kitten. :p
How random was that? LOL

#68 ·
Not if I want to stay in my parents' good graces I don't.
Actually; except for some odd customs, I like being Catholic.
Sad that Christianity is under fire here in the States.
It's a 'Holiday Tree', and "Happy Holidays!"
They're trying to suck the 'Christ' out of 'Christmas'.
It's 'Christmas' day for God's sake, not 'Did I get an iPod' day.
It's a celebration of the birth of God's only Son.(albeit; the wrong time of year)
But God forbid you remind anyone of that......they think it's 'Gift Day'. :cry:
Happy life Meechy, all the best although I dont know you.

#64 ·
Good luck with your wedding

And please lets keep religion out of this site. It follows me everywhere, home school etc and the guitar and music is the one place I can escape all that stuff.

I think it makes people(like me) uncomfortable a lot of times. For people who don't believe it or are trying to figure out what they believe it's hard because it's everywhere and relies in faith rather than logic which is the balance that some people are searching for. People will sometimes exclude you or judge you because of questioning or disbelief and your honesty about that. The only path people have is to just escape that. I have no problem with Christmas trees, calling it christmas or whatnot. But I do have a problem with being forced to conform to something you don't believe.

Although I get what you mean about the iPod stuff. If anything the holiday should be about thankfulness and caring.

That's all I will ever say on this site about religion. Sorry if I continued on but I felt it was something I had to say.

So yes enjoy your wedding and good luck to you both!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.