Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Interviewing tips!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  magic_golem 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

I know this isn't a music related topic but over the years I've grown to trust you guys for advice on gear. However maybe you guys can give me some pointers for an interview.

I've been part time since December at my current job. My plan for this year didn't go exactly as I hope so now I'm trying to get full time again.

I do have a phone interview with Verizon Wireless on Monday. This isn't for a sales position. Rather a customer service type position. Either way this would greatly improve my quality of life as the pay is quit high. I don't have my degree yet so it would be a perfect jumping point.

Besides, I'm majoring in Software Development and I want to get into writing mobile apps and that sort of thing.

My issue all along is that I get called for phone interview... nail it... get called in for live interview... it's about 50/50 for the 2nd interview. Yet, usually don't get the call that's really important. I've been very frustrated with myself and at certain times I want to give up but I know I can't.

I've been even following up with some of the previous interviews to see why I wasn't selected. Mainly my experience and education are the two biggest factors.

Yet why do they look at me if they know I lack them? They all said I interview great. I'm just trying to figure out what it really is.

Any ideas? any tips? I'll take anything.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Most likely to see if your someone they want to keep on file for when you have finished your degree sot hat if you apply for another position at a later date your record with them will already be approved. Or if your the kind of person they could take on while your still finishing your degree and trust that you would be able to keep on top of work/studies.

Also bear in mind that HR for any company needs to look like they are doing their job well, so padding out the number of people they interview is good for them to inflate their statistics for the year.

Dont give up keep at it, being well practised for interviews is a skill alot of people lack, iv just finished searching for a job for 7 months, first proper (final) interview I got to they loved me and gave the job to me there and then.

It hard to keep motivated when you get knocked back repeatedly but see it at practise and also, if they are not very nice about knocking you back then you can add them to your undesirable employer list :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.