Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Orianthi and Richie

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  FireEagle 
#1 ·
Now dating, I wonder what they do in their spare time.

#4 ·
I've seen that girl last year during a show with alice cooper (rock meets classics), worth nothing: her attitude on stage regarding the other musicians was like she's the best of the world and you are only dust. Even her volume was overall way louder than the 2 other guitarists.
Her style, phrasing, feeling is really crappy to me, I can't stand this marketing puppet having such unjustified reputation and success

#15 ·
100% agree with this. I can play nearly as good as her. The only reason she is famous is because she is a good-looking girl "shredding." Richie can play circles around her and Vai can play circles around Richie and double circles around her. If you go search her playing at the PRS Experience with her playing a Hendrix song. Paul is making all kinds of faces behind her like, "quit, stop etc" because she just wouldn't stop soloing. It is embarrassing for her. LAME!

#17 ·
She does tend to play a little loud compared to others, and it's a simple mistake many young players seem to make. My buddy is friends with her and while he's a strong player himself, he says she can play circles around almost anybody.

When he first met her, he thought she was just some Justin Bieber type teeny bopper star and really paid no mind to her, but when they started hanging out he realized she was the real thing on guitar. Whatever her persona on stage or by the media, he says she is really pretty in person in a way the cameras don't capture but pretty on the inside, too. He does mention she's humble.

She's really a solid player, though not as solid as Nita or Courtney, but Orianthi does deserve kudos for playing, singing, and writing which many a great player can't do all at once.

I don't know Nita or anybody who does, but she does come across as very learned and humble on her youtube video lessons. Nita is a total shredder and really overkill for Alice Cooper and it would be great to see Nita do something with Steve Vai or Joe Satriani. To me, I don't think great players like Orianthi or Nita, or anybody else should waste any time being egotistical about guitar. No player can master every style and get away with it but if I had to vote for somebody who walks through many genres with ease, it would have to be Richard Thompson.

#19 ·
She does tend to play a little loud compared to others, and it's a simple mistake many young players seem to make. My buddy is friends with her and while he's a strong player himself, he says she can play circles around almost anybody.
I disagree with you as there were 3 guitarists and several sound engineers, so if she is way too loud as she was when I saw her, the sound engineers are really morons. No, they were given the order to put her louder as the contact with her and Alice Cooper should have stated it. But that's a shame, her attitude does not serve her at all, neither her so common licks; she has no personality: only hair and boots (I didn't mean boobs, right!)

#7 ·
I'm not a big fan, myself.
Most of her stuff is really 'pop' oriented and I'm not into that... although I kind of liked 'According to You' and the instrumental she did with Vai.
My fiance says the only appeal she really has is that she's hot. :evil:
MEN!
All they care about, boobs and butts. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.