Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff 
#1 ·
I just had a few general questions about this program...

Is it restricted to just making MIDI tracks, or can I record my guitar with it?

Any good free tutorials on the net for it?

#2 ·
I dont recommend using acid for a finishing recording. The record feature is good to help you lay out and test the drum tracks you've written but thats it.. unless you have a $500 sound card.....

As far as Acid for midi 8O

Thats craziness to me...
I hate the way midi sounds.
save all your sessions as the standard acid file and then when you complete a full drum track of your song, go to file, save as, and select wav.
this way you can import the drums to just about any recording software available.

heres what i do:
write the drums in acid, record guitar and bass in acid as test tracks on;y to make sure the timing is all correct..
save entire session as an acid file.
re open that file, delete all but the drum tracks and click save as WAV.
now you have your Acid file with all the tests etc and you have a seperate WAV file with only the drums.
(acid can still play it as a wav)

Then I open up Cool Edit Pro,
import the WAv drum file and record guitars, bass, keys vocals whatever.
Mix, Eq, master whatever and mix it down as a stereo track.
Then convert to MP3 if you desire.

its that simple....
works great!

:D

#4 ·
If you're a one man band, Acid 4 Pro works fine for recording. It supports ASIO, and I can get low latency with it recording guitars.

It also supports VST instruments, which is cool if you pick up an Oxygen 8 or some other USB Midi controller for $150.

As a compositional tool, it is amazing. I love it, and I can't imagine going back.

If I have to record many musicians, I still use Cubase though.

#6 ·
The only problem with Acid is that I can never find loops that do what I want them to do and I often dislike the levels between snare, kick and cymbals.. I have been building my drum tracks using all "single shots", beat by beat. Then I can export wav files of each individual drum track, import into Pro Tools, EQ, verb and it sound so much better. Plus, the drums fit better with my wacked out music.

I like it a lot more than using a drum machine, but a lot less than a real drummer, providing said drummer can keep tempo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.