Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Digidesign

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  30yroldpig 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the Digi 002 yet? I'm drooling over it!

#2 ·
I have a friend that is a seller rep from Digidesign to Latin America and he brings one here in my studio.

I did a "test drive" last week. Is way too cool man !!!! Work all things in your hands with sensitive 110mm faders, 4 sends (2inside and 2 external), controll plug ins with rotative knobs, transport (play, pause, stop, FF Rew), and basically got same ins and outs that Digi 001 has.

Optical in/out in total of 8 in/out via ADAT or digital card

4 pre mic in variable in gain -10 0 4db expansible with octa mic, so you just attach the hardware and got 8 mic in, cool for drums rec

8 line in

Monitor out

and a bunch of things that i can't remember now

But the difference is that work like a standalone mixer when not receiving the "clock" from computer (via Firewire).

I just think that it's much expensive, at least here in Brazil (U$ 3200) when in USa they sell for U$2200

I try it with a Sony VAIO P4 1.6Mhz 512 Ram Glyph 7.200 and open a session with 42 tracks in Pro Tools Le 5.3 and works fast, even using the internal HD of Lap Top.

#3 ·
I have the price list as I almost purchased it. It retails at a whopping $3650.

What is really neat is that it's not only a stand alone digial mixer, but a very cool control surface. This allows you mix your audio files without having them leave the computer there for A-D or D-A conversion is not required and you don't have to worry about clocking issues, and digital audio streams.

It runs under windows XP (only I believe) on the PC platform, usually comes loaded with some pretty cool plug-ins and runs with Pro-Tools LE (Ladies Edition Hehe :wink: )

Just remember thought that his version of PT does NOT run with any other hardware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.