Ibanez JEM Forum banner

HELP! I've Been Forced Into XP!!

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  xxxcreaturexxx 
#1 ·
Yes, my parents decided we have to get Windows XP, so now we have it on here. Only problem: Pro Tools Free won't work in it. I can't even uninstall it. :? Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of it, and of another free/cheap but decent recording software?

#7 ·
NOTHING is free with digidesign :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hehe, now you'll have to buy Mbox. I know I will. It's all I need really. I can track and write out the drums and then bring the PT session to the studio and mix it!

I just installed XP on my system tonight, works great!

#8 ·
Yeah, XP ain't all that bad. But there's a few programs I'm losing that I don't want to. Ideally I'll save a whole lot for a Digi-002, but until then I'll improvise with what I have. Anyone know how to get rid of Pro Tools? The Uninstall program's not XP compatible. :lol:

#15 ·
darren wilson said:
Why do you need to get rid of it so badly? Is it taking up THAT much space on your hard drive?

You know you can go into your Programs directory and just delete it, right? That likely won't eliminate all traces of it, but if you're trying to reclaim HD space, it'll get most of it.
True enough. I just want to keep my computer nice and clean (which it isn't really at the moment :lol:).

#18 ·
Two hands31 said:
Yeah, XP ain't all that bad. But there's a few programs I'm losing that I don't want to. Ideally I'll save a whole lot for a Digi-002, but until then I'll improvise with what I have. Anyone know how to get rid of Pro Tools? The Uninstall program's not XP compatible. :lol:
2 Hands, remember that digi 002 don't come with PT, they sell just the mix board (that works like an mix interface), so you need to buy PT in the same way.

I still think that the factory bundle digi 001 is a better deal.

#20 ·
Pat7 said:
LGMT said:
2 Hands, remember that digi 002 don't come with PT, they sell just the mix board (that works like an mix interface), so you need to buy PT in the same way.
I'd check the web site. You get Pro-Tools LE when you purchase the 002. I've been to the demos and almost bought one.
Like it matters, I won't have the money any time soon. :lol: But anyways, partitioning is probably not possible, and I think I'm gonna hold off for a while anyways and pay for something decent if/when I get my own computer at the end of the year.

For now, I'm gonna take a look at Cool Edit Pro :D I noticed that speakers or headphones are under "Recommended" and not "Required" :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.