Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Advice on a cheap-ish soundcard?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rilla 
#1 ·
ello there..

I want to start doing some home recordings, so i can do a couple of demos for one of my bands, but im a bit short on hardware.. I've got a decent (AMD based) PC, and I've been using a Yamaha SW1000xg for a while, mainly doing midi stuff (which it's great at).. its not too hot on the audio front tho.

I dont really own any outboard gear, and want to keep things quite simple, so what i'm really after is a soundcard that'll give me enough inputs to mic up a drumkit (if possible), but also have a mic preamp onboard so i can record vocals and guitars here. (I can get access to loads of mics and a mixer for recording drums, so i dont need loads of mic inputs, one or two should be fine..)

I've been looking at the M-audio 1010LT, which looks pretty good (and is about at the top of my price range, im looking at a used one for about £200). Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any other suggestions (would something like a delta 4x4 along with a cheap mic pre be better? bear in mind that i dont need pro quality stuff, the cheaper the better ;))

I'll also need a couple of mics, was thinking of SM58s.. will I be able to get decent enough vocals and guitar sounds out of them? again, i dont need top quality, just "decent"

Cheers all, and sorry if some of those seem like silly questions or have been asked before :)

Rob

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.