Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Installing plugins/software from a CD (cracked versions)

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  darren wilson 
#1 ·
i've got a mac G4 powerbook and am using Logic audio platinum 5 for recording.....via OS 9.x
A friend of mine gave me a cd with copies of some plugins such as mic modeler and waves native 3.5
I do not know how to install them correctly from the cd. I think these are "cracked" versions and not the real thing. They were tested and should work .....according to the guy he got it from. When i copy the files to my desktop, and then "unstuff" them...i click on them to "run" them. After i do that....I can get them to show up in the plugin menu in logic audio.. ...but when i try to open them....it says file not found. I made sure the plugin folders were in the "VST" plugin folder in logic audio. But for some reason, the plugin doesn't function like it should......for example: when opening mic modeler it says "mic modeler file not found", and then it says "proximity file not found".......it then brings up the mic modeler plugin window...but there are no source mics in the menu.....and the proximity knobs don't function.

I dont know how to install the plugin files correctly. Someone have any experience with installing "cracked" versions on a macintosh OS 9.X?

I don't know much about extensions either.....on a mac. What are these really used for? And do i have to put files in an extension folders when installing these plugins/software?

any help would HELP!

See less See more
#2 ·
Almost all plug-in manufactures let you download demo verisions that are perfectly functional for 10 days. I know that Waves and Antares do this for sure. That is ample time to decide if you like them or not. These are not the huge microsoft type companies.. these people actually depend on you to buy their software.

Go buy the plug-ins!

Then you can call tech support if you have problems.

Seriously, stealing this stuff is not cool. I've done it before too, so I'm not trying to sound high and mighty. The cracked plugins NEVER work as good as the real verisions. They always lead to stability problems. Besides that, you are stealing! Yes and I actually buy all my audio CDs still too :wink:

I know this stuff is not cheap, but if you can't affoard it, you probably don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.