Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Cubase problem

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  John 
#1 ·
There's this thing that really bugs me: whenever I record something, it doesn't only save the .wav files that make the final cut, but also all the ones I don't keep. Sometimes it takes a ridiculous amount of takes and different parts to record a song, and I end up having hundreds of .wav files on my hard drive for one song. Anyone knows how to make it keep the right ones only?
thanks!

#2 ·
If you're deleting the files with the rubber they stay on the drive, if you select the file you wish to delete and press Ctrl & backspace (I'm going from memory here for PC) it will ask you if you want to delete the file completely.

Also you should go into the audio pool and purge the files, this way it will tell you which files are currenly being used.

I'd make a backup first before you do any of these things until you get used to it.

An alternative is to ask Mr Vai to come down and lay down your guitar parts for you. That way you'll never need to use the rubber :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.