Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Newbie Question- New to Digital Recording

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  glynn 
#1 ·
Hi everyone--- Newbie here.....

I have been contemplating going with a digital recorder for a while now, and my friends keep trying to get me to go the computer route, however, I think I want to go with a stand-alone unit....My computer isn't that fast, doesn't have much memory or hard drive space, but is suitable for me, and I don't like the idea of being tied down to my computer, even if it is a laptop....I've been looking at the Zoom MRS-1266, with the optional USB card, and have a dumb question....If I record something on here, a complete tune say, and transfer it to my PC via USB or as data on a cdrw, can I edit this on the PC using Sonar or Cubase or one of those nifty programs? I'm a complete moron when it comes to this stuff, but I would really like to get into recording my own stuff, and I like the idea of this Zoom unit because it has a drum machine already in it, so I can play all the parts on my own.....Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.