Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Rode NT1 questions

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Superuser 
#1 ·
I keep hearing good reviews that it rules for studio vocals and acoustic stuff for it's price.

Does anybody have and use this mic?

Which low priced mic preamp would go good with the NT1?

thanks dudes!

:D

#2 ·
Taking price into consideration, the ART Tube MP series is pretty good. I have a StudioV3, and am quite pleased with it.
I don't have a Rode, but I was very impressed with the sound of a friend's Oktava MK219... especially given the microphone's low price. It's another large-diaphragm condenser. He has quite a few very nice mics, but really loves the Oktava, even though it's probably the least expensive of the dozen. That's why I went and got myself a MK319, which is the same as the 219, but with a different casing.

-Ben

#3 ·
I've got one (NT-1). I like it a lot. It's great for all around recording... I've even used it to mic my cab live with killer results.
(side note: played a couple of gigs with it... then played one on a really resonant elevated stage. It picked up massive boomyness from the drums on the stage- so it's back to the 57 :roll: ).

I also just picked up a Studio Projects C1 and I really like it better then the Rode. Seems to have a more open sound for vocals and acoustic. I've been using it to distance mic my cab with a SM57 up close with awesome results. Check into SP before you settle. I really am blown away by this mic (the price is awesome to). :wink:

#4 ·
i use one for my little home studio and your right its absolutely killer for vocals and accoustics, i find a get a very wide airy sound out of it, i dont like it for recording guitar though, i think its far to toppy for me
buts it a great mic for the money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.