Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Processing guitar tone post recording

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bammbamm 
#1 ·
Here's a small demo of a new song I am currently writing. Now, for the past while I've been having complications with processing guitar tracks so they blend with the mix. I record from a pod 2.3 (using cab emulation) into 2 stereo tracks on my mixer...

I like the sound I have I would just like it to sound more professional and bigger...any help appreciated

click "DEMO" http://nicklee5.tripod.com/index.htm

#2 ·
Slightly more treble, less gain, and maybe less reverb will help it to sound more "studio" than "live"... you might have to put some more effort into the performance to get a good take, but it should be worth it.

Sorry i cant write anything longer, in a bit of a hurry... :)

#3 ·
nice riff, nice tone... :D

I'm kinda feeling what rilla said though....a bit less gain, and a bit more on the high's would be my take on the matter. should clean it up quite nicely.

I also love to record guitars 2, 3 or even 4 times, all panned differently in the mix. that usually brings everything out lot more, and the guitars ring out pretty well!

Nice stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.