Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Roland VS880EX Help Please

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  johncowan 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Well I got a little problem. Since I moved, I haven't gotten my Roland digital recorder and my Roland CD drive to talk. Mostly because I'm too lazy to reread all the ridiculous documentation. So anyway in the interest of cheating does anyone know how I could cost effectively hook the recorder up to my computer and dump my music to the hardrive in Roland or wav format?

Sorry for being lazy, the truth told the Roland CD recorder sucks anyway so I'm hoping there's a better way.

John

#2 ·
Doesn't it have both analog & digital audio out? All you need is a digital audio IN option on the PC / Harddisk & you're good to go for a mono / stereo dump of tracks. Analog is the least desirable way to go, but that is an option also.

How about a SCSI port? The only issue there would be format. If the Roland has some conversion options that would fix that; or a software fix on the PC / Harddisk side of things. The SCSI always works for backups either way.

#3 ·
Doesn't it have both analog & digital audio out? All you need is a digital audio IN option on the PC / Harddisk & you're good to go for a mono / stereo dump of tracks. Analog is the least desirable way to go, but that is an option also.

How about a SCSI port? The only issue there would be format. If the Roland has some conversion options that would fix that; or a software fix on the PC / Harddisk side of things. The SCSI always works for backups either way.

hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.