Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Listen to my guitar sound!

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  OCSk8Brdr 
#1 ·
I've recorded a 2 min improvisation over and indian style groove i programmed! tabla and sitar! using my creative Audigy platinum and a boss gt3 feeding directly to the mic in input! i got a cool warm tone! check it out and tell me what do u think! download it from my downloads section:
the song is called Indian Groove www.freewebs.com/ralph-khoury

#2 ·
That sounds pretty good. I would like to know how you recorded that. I want to record some riffs onto my PC, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've got an Audigy 2, so I'm ok as far as that goes. But what kinds of instrument cable adapters do I need to get? And what are the basic software setups that I have to go through to record a decent sound? Did you use any specific recording software? Thanks in advance...

Actually, I just read your other post, and I kinda got an idea of what I need. But I still don't know what kinds of cable adapters I might need. Thanks!

#6 ·
damn, I knew NOT buying the Platinum version would somehow come back to bite me in the ass!

I've got a Jackson Dinky XL and an Ibanez S1220 WNF going through a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. I want to record more for keeping riffs on file than for actual home recording. Basically, I have the worst short term memory of anyone in the history of mankind, so I would like to record riffs so I won't forget them later.

#8 ·
Aw, I like the Metal Zone. One of the main reasons I didn't buy the Platinum (other than cost) was because my computer tower has a door on the front that shuts and the knobs on the Platinum Live!Drive stick out too far. Maybe later this year when I upgrade I'll get a new case and a Platinum version. Damn...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.