Ibanez JEM Forum banner

ebay negative feedback question

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Anton 
#1 ·
Here's the thing.
I sold 4 DVD's on ebay all the 4 auctons ending within minutes of each other and 3 of the 4 people send payment the same week.
I took the payment, send the DVD's and patiently waited to be contacted by the winner of the 4th auction.
After 7 days I sent her a payment reminder, no responce.
I fired off 3 emails in the folowing week asking for her to contact me and just be nice enough to let me know if she doesn't want the DVD so I can relist it - no reponce.
14 days after the auction ended and I have had no contact or payment I filed a "non paying" bidder complaint with ebay and relisted the item.
I also left a negative feedback that reads "Complaint : No reply to emails and payment never received.".
Anyway 3 days after that I recieve an email saying I'll be sending payment shortly to which I said "Don't bother as I have relisted the DVD and have filed a non-paying bidder complaint with ebay."

Well what happened is I also ended up with a negative feedback which reads "Complaint : posted the cheque 1 month before i recieved feedback. i did not recieve the dvd" which is a complete lie.
The auction ended on the 3 December
I left feedback on the 17 December
she made contact on the 20 December
I got the cheque on the 29 December - she obviously doesn't read her emails as I told her not to bother

My question is is there anything that can be done about this and if there isn't what is to stop deadbeat buyers from ruining your feedback?

ilia

See less See more
#4 ·
So if a deadbeat buyer decides to leave you a negative feedback 2 months after the auction ends without any prior contact or payment there is still nothing you can do about it?
I know my case is not as bad as that, just wondering.

ilia

#11 ·
I was always on the understanding eBay could'nt,not would'nt change feedbacks.It sucks really,as they should in this kind of case

Dex dude,if it really matters,start a new account,I had to after i outbid someone,they then bid on my auction,and i assume there friends on my others ... Within 15 mins of all auctions ending,30 negs :roll:

If you have over 50 ratings i would worry too much about it,it would'nt affect me as a bidder

hth a little

Rob

#13 ·
Jem7RB MK said:
I was always on the understanding eBay could'nt,not would'nt change feedbacks.It sucks really,as they should in this kind of case
If eBay changed their blanket policy, they would be flooded with requests from people to change negatives and would have to investigate every request. Obviously, they don't want to do this.

Rob -- your posts are always interesting and insightful, but for the love of pete, please use your spacebar after commas and periods! Your posts are so hard to read otherwise. Everything just blends together. :D

#16 ·
Well this is not really that bad and I suppose I could have waited a little bit longer but the fact that 3 out of 4 identiacal auctions were completed within a week and I didn't even get a single e-mail from the winner of the fourth one in 2 weeks prompted me to act as I did.

I've only got 8 feedbacks so far so it's not that bad not to mention that I'm always online so if anyone wants to email me and see if I'm a serious buyer/seller I will respond straight away.
I also have my mobile # (US - cellphone) there in my ebay profile so anyone who wishes can just call me....or text me.

Ah well, you learn a new thing every day.

ilia

#18 ·
cerealk said:
Jem7RB MK said:
I was always on the understanding eBay couldn't, not wouldn't change feedback. It sucks really, as they should in this kind of case
They can remove negative feedback if it is defamatory under UK law
with the help of a neighbour who is a solicitor I have just had some negative feedback removed.

Actually according to my legal friend the comment was libelous!

Anyway all sorted now :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.