Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JS100 + Evo's

Tags
paf joe
2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Hobophobic 
#1 ·
Hey there, iv read a lot about how people preffer having PAF Pro's on their JS's instead of Evo's, now i cannot argue with that as i have never had the chance to experiece the PAF Pro on a JS, but ever since i got my Evo's installed on my JS, i have never been happier, the sound is incredible, the clean is superb, and the distortion even better, the clearity of the notes just jump out of the amp and hit u in the face, I couldnt be happier. I like both Satch and Vai, and having a combination of the 2 was the best choice i could of made.

#3 ·
I've got a JS100 with the stock pickups...I'm playing through a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100...it screams as it is; however, I'm toying with the idea of the Fred/Joe combo in the JS100 & plugging the Ibanez AH's in an ancient (1977) Ibanez Flying V I've got that I really don't play much anymore - it's more of a conversation piece as most people see it & comment it's a radical-looking guitar

Sheva16, any complications with the installation of your new pickups?

P.S. I saw Steve Vai last week in a small venue - the capacity is like 700 max - & he was incredible. I was 10-12 feet away from the stage. He came across with lots of spectator interaction. I'm surprised he'd play in such a small club, but I'm glad he did. It was a little too loud for my taste, but this was probably the best concert I've ever experienced - and I go all the way back to the original Led Zeppelin/Kiss/Rush/Black Sabbath days, which is way back there in time, so I can say I've seen a lot of groups perform, including Satriani. He did a group of acoustic tunes so our ears could rest & he played 3 solid hours virtually non-stop. Vai's bassist is the most talented I've ever witnessed. WOW!

#4 ·
keywe said:
I've got a JS100 with the stock pickups...I'm playing through a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100...it screams as it is; however, I'm toying with the idea of the Fred/Joe combo in the JS100 & plugging the Ibanez AH's in an ancient (1977) Ibanez Flying V I've got that I really don't play much anymore - it's more of a conversation piece as most people see it & comment it's a radical-looking guitar
I think it's a worthwhile upgrade ;)

P.S. I saw Steve Vai last week in a small venue - the capacity is like 700 max - & he was incredible. I was 10-12 feet away from the stage. He came across with lots of spectator interaction. I'm surprised he'd play in such a small club, but I'm glad he did. It was a little too loud for my taste, but this was probably the best concert I've ever experienced - and I go all the way back to the original Led Zeppelin/Kiss/Rush/Black Sabbath days, which is way back there in time, so I can say I've seen a lot of groups perform, including Satriani. He did a group of acoustic tunes so our ears could rest & he played 3 solid hours virtually non-stop. Vai's bassist is the most talented I've ever witnessed. WOW!
BIlly Sheenan is great. When I saw Vai in '99, I was abot 4 feet away from him, dead front center. So close I could have grabbed his leg up on the stage! It was amazing! He is better in a small venue because if you're in the front, he will make eye contact with audience members and stuff. Very cool!

#5 ·
keywe said:
red5 said:
BIlly Sheenan is great. When I saw Vai in '99, I was abot 4 feet away from him, dead front center. So close I could have grabbed his leg up on the stage! It was amazing! He is better in a small venue because if you're in the front, he will make eye contact with audience members and stuff. Very cool!
Good stuff. I've only seen Vai and Sheehan together live once. That was in '86, the Eat 'Em and Smile tour. I was around 8th row center if I remember correctly and it was awesome. I would like to see them again, I'm looking at the Fargo date but not sure I can arrange it with work and the travel time involved (I'm in Canada).

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this off the topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.