Ibanez JEM Forum banner

zoom g7.1ut

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  martyfriedman86 
#1 ·
anyone tried it?
have any experience with it?
thanks!

#2 ·
i would stray away from anything Zoom... having owned zoom products before, i can safely say the only good thing thy have ever made is the ´´gate´´ effect on one of their pedals... and it´s not really a good gate, it just has a cool synthetic stop-start sound to it, for those who like that :p

#5 ·
+1. I have a Zoom G9.2tt and I would say that Zoom has made alot of improvement in their G Series (particularly the G7.1ut and G9.2tt). I first had negative views about Zoom products until I tried the G9.2tt. It got good GAINS and with the two 12AX7 tubes that are being incorporated into the unit, the sound could be as good as any analog stompboxes pedals if you tweak it right.

#6 ·
I've got a G7. Actually, I was thinking of selling it (if you're interested). Not that it's a bad unit. It's actually very good. Excellent effects and some really nice distortions. I would say it falls between the Digitech GNX3000 and the Pod XT Live. It doesn't suffer from that fizz problem like the Pod.

The Zoom effects are great and Zoom has come a long way. Pro gear.....? No, but still very good. I've also got a Zoom PFX 900s and a 505II.

My only reason for getting rid of it is that I've got a Vox Tonelab SE and use that the majority of the time. I actually don't use the distortions/amp modeling on either much anymore. I bought a Boogie Rectoverb recently so I use that for my amp sound. I just use the Tonelab and Zoom for effects only at this point.

#8 ·
Well, I can't say for sure on the AX3000, but I don't hear much about that unit. It offers some really neat features though. I've had a GNX3 and it's ok, but it has a real digital sound too it and the distortions/amp models don't really sound that good. The ME-50 is really a different beast all together as it is more like individual stomp boxes. Personally, I think you'd be better off with a GT-6 or GT-8 if you want a Boss unit as they provide a lot more features. More money though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.