Ibanez JEM Forum banner

recommend me multi fx for live use

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  toma 
#1 ·
hey guys. I've been thinking about buying either the Zoom G9, Line 6 PodXT Live or the Boss GT-8 so that I can use that to plug into a P.A for band practices and gigs. I have a really cool half stack already (Engl powerball + Laney VH100R and marshall 4 x 12) but it's hassle for me right now to get it all about as I don't have a driving licence. So buying one of these would be easier for me to get about for the time being.

I would need some amp simulation that will give me a good quality tone that will cut through the mix live and also be easy to use. Some cool FX would be great too.

Which of the units that I've named would you recommend for using live? is there anything else I should look into?

My budget is up to £280 as I'm unemployed at the moment and would have to sell one of my guitars to buy it.

thanks very much

#4 ·
GT-8

The amp sims arent the best out there, but they're still pretty good. And because of it's effects loop (4-cable method), it'll fit right in with your half-stack when you need it to.

Any multi-fx without the option of putting effects before or after your actual preamp is pretty useless IMO. That's what makes the GT8 stand head and shoulders above all the other budget multi-fx pedals.

#6 ·
There's a reason why the GT-Pro is more expensive. The GT-Pro sounds better than the POD products IMO and, its ability to arrange effects any way you want makes it an incredible piece of hardware for the price. The POD stuff, while a good candidate, gives out a lifeless sound next to the GT-Pro.

Jimmy:smile:

#7 ·
imo, dont, most multi fx i have used have done a not as good version of a stand alone stompbox.

however, the vox tonelab se sounds pretty good, tho im not sure what price it is (or what, if anything, the tube does...)

but for £280 you could get a good variety of pretty good stompboxes, which would not leave you with a useless multi fx once you have some money, but leave you with the beginnings of a serious pedalboard

depending on what music you play, you could probably get on fine with a gain box (or two), wah (if you solo lots) and a delay

imo

x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.