Ibanez JEM Forum banner

bass cab for guitar amp

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  scotte_za 
#1 ·
would taking the speaker output from a hughes and kettner edition tube (8 ohm) to a 1x15" bass cab make sense? playing a 7 string, surely you need something with more low end response?

and if a bass cab is rated at 300w for a bass head, i assume the wattage is different for a guitar head?

tx

#6 ·
Bass response isn't what you should be looking for. Apart from that, the larger the speaker, the more sluggish the response - inertia, you know. What really matters once you go down tunings is more of a question concerning EQing - healthy doses of midrange help a lot, as well as cutting out the bass.
Me personally, I'd look for a non-muddy guitar-cab instead. Look for neodymium! That's some powerful and really clear stuff, whether used in speakers or pickups.

#7 ·
Man I had this old Marshall 4x10 bass cab that was the same size as a 1960 except about 3 or 4 inches deeper (early JCM800 series if I remember correctly). Man talk about low end. It was my main cab for a couple of years. If you really want to find a nice amp for guitar try an early 70's 100w Super Bass head. Believe it or not that makes a really good guitar amp. But be warned they are extremely loud!!! Loudest amp I ever had. IBM loud - Involuntary bowel movement loud. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.