Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  syxxstring 
#1 ·
Anyone have one of these? I just ordered one from MF, I figured at $100 for a 5 watt tube head there's nothing to lose. Plus most people seem to rave about them and there seem to be alot of mods out there that are pteey easy to do. So I sold my Gdec and ordered one. Just seeing if any Jemsiters have any experience with them.

#2 ·
I've heard that they're supposed to be pretty good, but don't they get quite noisy/buzzy when you turn the volume up? I seem to remember a guy on another forum modding his to combat the buzz. It worked, too; they look like pretty well specced amps, for the price.

And it's even cheaper in the US than it is here...it's a little over £100, iirc, over here...same price in dollars as it is in pounds. :(

#4 · (Edited)
Hey Elcid,

Did you ever get the amp? What did you think? I'm thinking of trying to pick one up with some mods. I'm looking for an amp to get some good clean tones out of. I think my VHT Pitpull UL is great, but for recording purposes it would be cool to have something different. With one of the mods you're supposed to be able to get a real glassy clean tone. Thanks!

#11 ·
I have one of these on which I installed the BitMo gain mod and the BitMo tone mod (before the push-pull mod was available.) On the high-gain setting, running into a 4x12, this thing is the dog's knob. Excellent class A tone and natural overdrive. I replaced the power tube with a Blue Series Groove Tubes EL84 and the preamp tube with a Ruby High-Gain 7025. This thing sounds awesome and responds incredibly to either guitar volume/tone adjustments or any pedal you put in front. For bedroom-level practice, I use a Power Soak. For the $129 they're asking, it's almost stupid to NOT have one of these...

#12 ·
Just a cab I got off the bay. Theres a company that makes custom cabs, but they are empty. So I had them make me up a 1X10 in black with an oxblood grill cloth then put in an Eminence Redcoat. I dont remember exactly what I paid for the cab, but it was very reasonable. After having it almost a year, it still holds up, it was built pretty solid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.