Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Evilbay Trend

939 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  rickcard71 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I noticed a trend on evilbay auctions, whenever I ask the seller a question about the item, there are a couple of users that have no feedback and jack the price up by the hundreds

Are the bidders all the same person?

I dont think they are scammers but the are jacking up their price so they can get a high price on it

Anybody else experience that or notice it?

Wildchild

#2 ·
Hard to say. I see alot of acutions get bids for 0 feedback bidders. Yes the price goes up but without seeing ip's I won't directly accuse the seller of doing so. I tend to stay away from auctions if possible and prefer BIN items for a reasonable price. When I do auctions I have my top price I will pay and if it goes over that I don't buy it.

#4 ·
Happens all the time, but you can't prove it as Cosmic said, without some IP addys.
I will try avoiding that, just by waiting until the last few seconds to bid. People get PO'ed when you snipe something out from under them, but it helps reduce the amount of shill bidding by holding off.

#5 ·
You cannot do it from the same IP address. Try it and see what happens :). It's called shill bidding and 3bay will suspend you for 2 weeks on the first offense & perma-ban you on the 2nd. How do I know this? I had an old Leica lens up and a guy told me it was a Russian copy. After research I agreed and wanted to pull the item. Not knowing what would happen when I pulled it, I had a friend log on my computer and become the high bidder, then I closed the auction. All my stuff was pulled (30 items right in the middle of the 7 day auction) and I was banned for 2 weeks. Even though I documented that the auction was ended within 3 minutes after the "shill" bid, they didn't care a bit and basically told me to f off. Now you can still shill bid, but you can't do it from the same IP that the main account has logged in on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.