Ibanez JEM Forum banner
9K views 53 replies 31 participants last post by  UV-7-BK 
#1 ·

Yesterday I bought a new cell phone. I got the Sony Walkman W580i. My other phone was over 4 years old. I'm still not all that fond of the phones that are available, but now that I've got this one I'm liking it alot more than when I was originally looking at them.

It's a slider phone, which I think is really cool. It can play mp3s and Sony's proprietary compression "mp3"s. It's also got a 2MP camera as well as a video camera. These are things my old phone couldn't do. Hell, you can even stream FM radio and XM radio to it if you want. It's also got a memory card slot where you can add extra memory. I'm going to be keeping this thing a while.

It's still kinda new I guess, so there's not alot out for it as far as accessories go. I did pick up a clear snap on case to protect it. So last night I decided that today I'd swirl it. Unfortunately, that left me no time to do my other project.

So here you go. It's swirled with every fluorescent color I've got AND has holoflake sprayed on top of it. If you look really closely in the pics below you should be able to see the flakes reflecting in the sunlight. In person it really shows up, but not too well on pictures.

What do ya think? :D

See less See more
#32 ·

Well, to be honest, the only reason I haven't pursued doing this work, or guitar work, for a business is because I only have time to do it on the weekends. Which means slow turn around in comparison to someone that does it for a living.

That being said, I'm more than happy to do some work for someone if they want me to do it. It just might be a bit before I complete it. Although cell phone covers hardly take much time. I did mine in one day.

#35 ·
It looks like a mini swirl. Imagine a full size swirl on a guitar shrunk down and viola! you have that cell cover.

Alright, I need more coffee :lol:

#36 ·

LOL Well, I'm doing another swirl...on a guitar this time. evolvedmb has asked me to do a PAW swirl on a Jem body. Should be able to do it this weekend. It's been sealed and needs to be primed, which will be done today. However, I'll let evolvedmb give you the sneak peak as to what it looks like.

Take it away, evolvedmb!

#40 ·
That's going to take a little while before it's finished. She has to paint it next week
and let it sit for a few before she can ship it back to me in Ohio. I will then have to
contact Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron to clear and assemble the entire guitar. I'm looking
at atleast 3 months minimum. I should have two more guitars done by then from them
in that time. I'll post those up when they come in first. Here's one that they already
finished for me a few months ago. Enjoy!! Citrus RG760 - tone zone and two pro tracks with
edge pro trem.
http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=citrusibanezpb6.jpg

#43 ·
That looks great. It makes me GAS for a Root Beer and a PBK with the original "slot" style grip, whether they are replicas or the real thing ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.