Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsiters from SW Virginia or East Tennessee??

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jb4674 
#1 ·
Hey...looking to find and hopefully meet others in my area that belong to this site.

I'm in Castlewood Va, which is about 30 minutes away from Abingdon VA for a landmark.

So, if you are relatively close to my are, lemme know...lets say 2 or so hours radius.

Thanks.

#4 ·
Wow...somebody has seen this place lol....kinda scary isn't it.

We moved here last May when I retired from the Marine Corps...my wife is a local...it's....different.

Our housing area was almost this big...Camp Lejeune is 200 sq. miles, it's huge.

If you ever get up this way bro, lemme know....I'll fire up the grill, cook up some fresh cow...and play guitars and maybe drink a few beers on the back porch.

#6 ·
This place blows...I haven't met too many other players..there is virtually NO other people around into what I am into I guess...San Dimas Charvel's and Jackson's are "them pointy geetars" to the locals lol!!

My MySpace page has a bunch of my gear on it...you can see what I'm into...these guys are funny...if it doesn't say CF Martin on it, they don't want it lol!!

#9 ·
Whoa, lot of town name-drops I've never heard before :confused:

Castlewood? Abingdon? Tazwell?! Richmonder here, maybe sometime us Virginians can gather 'round 'n jam, ya'll ;)

Cosmic, what part of Richmond are you in? Chesterfield county here, right near Stony Point Fashion Mall.

#10 ·
Yeah, unfortunately it's sad here...as you come into town there is a sign that says "Caution: End of the World Dead Ahead" and you're here lol....

There are absolutely NO good gear stores around here...most they have usually is mid-level to low end gear....NC was a little bit better if you drove up to Raleigh...

I'd be up for a bash now and then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.