Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Stand-up

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  T.B.A. 
#1 ·
I'm beginning to realize how much I love stand-up and how it makes me feel. What are your favorite stand-up comedians? So far, my favorite are:

-George Carlin
-Bill Hicks
-Dane Cook
-Dave Chapelle
-Mitch Hedberg (though he gets kind of old)

#2 ·
richard pryor, and thusly eddie murphy as eddie did a lot of, shall we say, borrowing from ol' rich. i also dig bernie mack and cedric the entertainer. mitch hedberg is a personal favorite of mine as well, though i find that what ruled about mitch was his delivery. that and a TRULY uncommon outlook on everyday things. demetri martin has some genuinely hilarious moments. patton oswalt as well. katt williams had one special that i loved, but i can't remember which it was.

i'm big into comedy, and often find that i'd much rather be watching a feature-length stand-up special than a comedy movie. i love the spontaneity and the interplay between the performer and the crowd.

#9 ·
There are so many funny people out there.

Pryor and Murphy of course, but beyond an hour of material, you start feeling run down.

Jeff Dunham is pretty funny.
Bill Cosby was the 1st guy I'd ever listened to as a kid. My parents had all his albums and I listened to them just rolling. I ended up doing one of his stories in a talent show.

Carlin now, not so funny, his political rants get old. I have talk radio for politics

Steven Wright

The Amazing Johnathan

Chapelle, of course, as was mentioned.

Hedberg, too.

I can't think of anyone else right now, but I know I will.

#12 ·
i've seen many funny comedy acts... don't even know the performers... but most big acts just don't stand up to repeat viewing. A few do...

Carlin is tops for me.. saw him live 4-5 years ago and my stomach hurt from laughing.

agree with Bamm on Jeff Dunham... saw him a long time ago... VERY funny act w/ puppets. went as a group, sat right in front (round table) and he was mocking on a friend of ours the entire show. :lol:

Dom Irera is definitely worth seeing.

Had a Chris Rock HBO special taped that was really good (haven't seen anything he's done since)

Lots of big name guys had a funny show here but i consider them one trick ponies Pryor, Murphy, Dice, Mandel, Sam, Rodney.... glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.