Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

7K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  rob777vdy 
#1 ·
Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

Myself & our fine moderators have noticed something that needs correcting on the board. There is too much "telling others how to post". Noone likes to be told what to do, especially by their peers... nevermind that is the job of our moderators :)

Even worse is JJEMMER777 has informed us that we have a select few "self appointed custodians of proper communication" that have annoyed & harassed long time site members due to silly stuff like grammar & causing them to not wanting to post here.

Look, some of us moderators cannot be here as much as we'd like or even need to, but that is not going to change the fact EVERYONE HERE is going to post politely, respectfully and as if the person you are addressing is SITTING NEXT TO YOU.

With this in mind...

Everyone, in the spirit of community please be considerate of your fellow posters and follow these simple posting guidelines:

a. Use decent grammar/punctuation/capitalization where you can, it's simply easier on everyone and a sign of respect

b. DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE HOW TO POST, the mods AND ONLY THE MODS can do that.

c. don't use abbreviations exclusively, it's an annoyance to everyone. Use of L337 just makes you look like a tool anyway, and may incur an infraction

d. DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE HOW TO POST, the mods can do that.

thanks... glen

See less See more
#49 ·
Re: Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

hey sometimes my posts are clean. and sometimes im soo out of it from medications, i cant help it and im on here to keep busy, not to be analy redundant about spelling

dont hate, im not trying to piss anyone off!
but usually im better about it

#50 ·
Re: Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

hey sometimes my posts are clean. and sometimes im soo out of it from medications, i cant help it and im on here to keep busy, not to be analy redundant about spelling

dont hate, im not trying to piss anyone off!
but usually im better about it
everythings cool bud,no worries

#54 ·

It is interesting that you can use the computer with a migraine headache. That can't be easy. Everyone I know who suffers from them have to lay down in a dark room when they get headaches.

#57 ·

ur tottaly taking this out of context....but its okay

its not complete migrane headaches, its more like the medications just give me bad as headaches, and moving around makes me not think about the pain...you know i dont know how else to explain it, but sometimes its just easier to be on the computer and like doing something, cuz if im just laying around all i can think of is my headpain

and its just headaches to reactions to the high doses of antibiotics for my stomache and some neural meds that helps the antibiotics not make me crazy

high dises of antibiotics give u headaches, some migranes i guess, twitching, fevers, cold sweats, heat flashes...all kinds of stuff

its not like one penecillin a day, when i have to take my meds i take up to 10+ pills a day just in antibiotics and a couple neural pills to help, and hte doses of antibiotics are all over 300mg size

and yes i know they are bad for me, but the doctors wont do anything else untill the antibiotics stop working

#58 ·

ur tottaly taking this out of context
I think some simple key items here would be as follows:

Chill;)

Be nice!

Think before you speak (type)

Consideration of others opinions;)

Most of all....... "HAVE FUN and LEARN" (that is what a forum is all about;) )

HuMan Shrimp.
Oh.....you must be referring to Jax:razz:

And now, as da pink puddie-tat says: Um....it's time for me to "exit stage left, with verve even" :)

#59 ·

A few years back this forum was a much friendlier, enjoyable place. I rarely post here now due to the abundance of sarcastic shots and put-downs that go on. It's just not a very communal environment any more.

Some of the posters whom I used to know and love are still here, but Jemsite is definitely not the place it once was.

Here's to hoping this thread is a step in the right direction.

#60 ·

A few years back this forum was a much friendlier, enjoyable place. I rarely post here now due to the abundance of sarcastic shots and put-downs that go on. It's just not a very communal environment any more.

Some of the posters whom I used to know and love are still here, but Jemsite is definitely not the place it once was.

Here's to hoping this thread is a step in the right direction.
ditto...and i've been here for a long time.

rich

#61 ·

i think this is the best guitar related site on the net.when i log on to jemsite im in my element,i can spend hours reading the threads, theres great info if its advice your after the other members bend over backwards to help you out.as regards to the bitching that goes on just ignore it or if it bothers you that much have a word with glen or one of the other mods,im sure they know who the villans are anyways.peace and good will,rob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.