Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Got a webcam. Now.....

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DancingDrake 
#1 ·
I give a guy guitar lessons that lives 30 min drive away. I'm hoping that I can use it to cut his travel to every other week. I just got it. The video image on my computer look fair enough. But I'm not sure how it will look on his end. I'm downloading MSN. But I'd rather use something not by Bill Gates for video conferencing.

Any advice?

#3 ·
I use skype to call back home at least 3-4 times a week. I use the video service. If your camera and his camera are good cameras and you both have decent connections then it should work fine. The only thing is that audio is often delayed so after you show something you shouldn't rush to the next part just incase someting gets cut.

I do have warn you though that with every program like this (I've tried a lot) there are days when the connection just doesn't do it well enough to do anything musical. Usually it's rare but there have been days when you have to just hang up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.