Ibanez JEM Forum banner

poor thing had a stroke...

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DancingDrake 
#1 ·
my cat i had since i was 7 or so a couple years before middle school, finally had a stroke this morning and can barely walk...my mom is carrying her to and from the litter box, but i think shes in pain and my mom wont take her to the vet. the cat is 21 years old, and its sad......ive had her forever, and if she is in pain id rather let her go now than let her suffer...anyone else had any old cats and know how to tell if they are in pain

the cat is a fighter, she would even a couple years ago, chase off foxes and little bobcats....what a mean little kitty she is

sad, ill miss her its been a long time

is 21+ years for a cat a long time??

#2 ·
at 21 that cat should have got a telegram from the queen...
im not trying to be mean here but I have cats also, I wont see them suffer and I would have said my goodbyes and visited the vet by now.

my cats never seem to get old but they get run by cars over and allsorts so I cant tell you about old cats, but you know your cat.....

#5 ·
you know what id rather do that then see her in pain, but my mom is like trippin on it, thinks the cat is going to magicaly recover, like my dad did when he had a stroke...but i dont think a 21 year old cat is as resiliant as a human being at 50..but im not doctor or a vet

i have like 4 other cats that we got in the last few years...w hod like 3 we just lost to crazy cars or just bobcat attacks or whatever, i mean we never found em.

and we have a few cute cats so i wont be trippin, i just had her since i can remember and i dont want her to be in pain

#9 ·
Sounds like it is time to let her go with dignity. It's always tragic to lose a pet, and you have my complete sympathies, but she's done more than her fair share of years.

But, none of us here are vets (as far as I know) so first step should be a trip to see one. How do you even know it's a stroke? There may be life in her yet, but you obviously care a lot for her, so don't let her continue in that state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.