Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I've got a new job !!:D

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  markg5150 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a new job since Jan and after considering a few options I ended up with 2 offers last week !!

I've taken one which gives a 28% increase in basic salary plus better bonus etc. The best bit is that its with a competitor and I've been put on gardening leave until I start my new job !!!

Happy days - GAS attack here we come!!

#14 ·
Just to make sure I understand.
In the UK if I give my notice of intent to leave, then the company will tell me to go ahead and leave but still pay me until I start the other job?
If so that's great.

Here in the States, when you give your 2 weeks notice, companies will generally tell you just to leave now.
I have always been able to stay for my 2 weeks and have always had my former employers tell me the door is always open to come back.
It pays to never burn your bridges.

But back to the topic. CONGRATS!!!!! I hope you make a ton of money and can buy a bunch of Jems, or at least pay some bills.

#17 ·
Just to make sure I understand.
In the UK if I give my notice of intent to leave, then the company will tell me to go ahead and leave but still pay me until I start the other job?
If so that's great.

Here in the States, when you give your 2 weeks notice, companies will generally tell you just to leave now.
I have always been able to stay for my 2 weeks and have always had my former employers tell me the door is always open to come back.
It pays to never burn your bridges.

But back to the topic. CONGRATS!!!!! I hope you make a ton of money and can buy a bunch of Jems, or at least pay some bills.
Normally you have to work your notice period and the company has to pay you. Sometimes it's like Ibateur said and they ask you to leave straight away so you can't take any secret info to a competitor, although anyone with 1/2 a brain has already gathered any good info before they resign.

#21 ·
Eh, congrats! :)

On a similar note (just in case anyone has been wondering where I've been hiding... probably not :( :lol:) I've been asked to take on more hours with my part-time job (which is slowly becoming full-time) so that means less time handing out infractions in the classifieds :lol: apologies to one and all for that. Hectic, hectic, time right now. We all get that though from time to time, so just really checking in and letting you guys know.

Sorry to sort of hijack your thread there Mark :lol: It was unintentional and just sorta flowed ;)

Congrats again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.