Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Gretsch 5120 vs Ibanez AF75TDGIV

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  elcid 
#1 ·
Which one you guys think I should go with. I have played the AFS75 and its definately a smooth playing guitar but its lacking a few things the gretsch has, namely the bigsby. No matter which way I go I will definately be swapping out the electronics out for tv jones pickups/harness. How good is the ibanez trem? which guitar really is the better value? either can be had for 500.

#3 ·
Ok I'm an Ibanez guy and I just bought a 5120 and boy do I love it! I highly reccomend these guitars. The only thing that needs upgrades are the pickups. The neck up sounds great but the bridge kinda lacks the Jangle that Gretch is known for. Some TV Jones pupus in that thing and your good to go.

#5 ·
I had one for a little bit. Not a bad guitar but like Mr Death said, the pickups arent great and I wasnt going to spend the money on TV Jones pickups for a cheap gutiar, but it did make me want to invest in a real Gretsch. Maybe a Setzer Hot Rod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.