Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Whats the deal with this edge trem i just bought pics inside !!

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  reguv760 
#1 ·
Hey all

Just bought this chrome Edge trem on 3bay.. was sold as never installed, and its in very good condition...

My issue is why is this model slightly different from every other edge trem I own. The sustainer block is alot larger, and there is no screw-on plate to hold the springs in, nor is there holes for the plate to be screwed into. So i assume i dont need the plate I just hook the springs in..

anyone with knowledge of this model edge would be appreciated..

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Roadstar/RS/PL [non-recessed]:

edge sits on top of body.

vs

RG [recessed]:

edge "floats" lower in the body [and with shorter/current blocks]

it'll fit no problem... just that the block will "extend" out of the body, probably 5cm [assuming that the block is at 37mm] along with the springs; unless you're about high action on an RG :p

Reg

#10 ·
Ad_Astra said:
What's the point of having that bar? I've never had one installed on my Edges/Lo-Pros. Works fine and the springs haven't fallen off..
For me, it's when i do setups and springs don't fly around when i'm "stretching" the strings before locking 'em down... happened to me once and i'm glad it didn't damage the guitar ...
Otherwise, you don't really need to HAVE the retainer bar there... though I prefer to have 'em there if possible... ease of mind when doing wacky trem action :D
Edge/LP equipped S series don't have 'em as they don't have enough room with the plastic cover on :)

Reg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.