Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Would you buy UK Hand Crafted Guitars For Less than £1000 ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I would rather buy a brand i know that is made in Korea / China

Votes: 2 13.3%

Would You Be Interested In UK Hand Crafted Guitars For Under £1000 ?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jaden 
#1 ·
Jemsiters,

as the title of the thread suggests there is a very large probability that Jaden Rose Guitars will be launching a sub £1000 hand crafted in the UK guitar range in the very near future.

the range and prices are:

Hardtail: £899
thin sculpted 2 piece sapele (basically mahogany) body with the "hard as nails" oil finish
canadian rock maple neck and headstock with sapele laminate
indian rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets and jumbo fretwire
black hardware including fixed string thru bridge with ferrules to rear of body and 14:1 machine heads
master volume and tone with toggle switch
2 Jaden Rose humbuckers - hot or ultra hot !
graphite nut
gig bag included

Double locking Floyd Rose Trem equipped guitar £999
thin sculpted 2 piece sapele (basically mahogany) body with the "hard as nails" oil finish
canadian rock maple neck and headstock with sapele laminate
indian rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets and jumbo fretwire
black hardware including Floyd Rose 1000 trem with R4 nut and 14:1 machine heads
master volume and tone with toggle switch
2 Jaden Rose humbuckers - hot or ultra hot !
gig bag included

these guitars will be exclusively made in the UK and available worldwide. No part of the crafting process will be sub contracted.

the materials for each guitar will be hand selected and quality controlled in the usual Jaden Rose Guitars stringent manner.

your comments and thoughts are all welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
To be honest, these days I'd expect "recognised" pickups on a guitar in that price bracket.

Having said that John Suhr's "own brand" pickups are pretty good ;)

The rest of it sounds like a great package, especially the fact you're bothering to but a veneer on the headstock. There's something far more "complete" about a guitar when the body and headstock finishes match :)

#3 ·
That sounds a very reasonable price and i hope it expands your buisness. My only concern for you, as Jono pointed out is the pickups although i'm sure if you put some sound bites up it sound help.
At some point I would actually be quite interested in the hardtail version but what would your options be like for a maple fretboard instead?

#5 ·
ok, it took me a while and im still waiting on some parts but...

this is of course the floyd version @ £999

Specs will follow on the website, more build pics will follow.

Q & A time

will there be a variety of shapes? - not yet, superstrats only
will there be custom pick-up choice? - upgrades will be available, mostly at the cost of the part(s) required - ie; 2 dimarzio's - @ £71.99 each etc.
PIckup placement: the sound changes from a 22 fret to a 24 fret guitar (neck pickup) because of where the pickup is placed, dont worry, i only make 24 fret guitars (right now) and know the best pickups to use.. this is not a "loss" of tone or any such rubbish, its just a different sound..
middle pickup and 5 way switch ? - yes, optional again.
will there be custom wirings? - yes, wiring and electrical upgrades will be available including a complete CTS upgrade, 3 way switches and push/pull pots..
Hardcase? - yes, another upgrade, £85 each.
fretwire: dunlop 6100 or 6105, alternatively I have a pyramid jumbo wire, all included.

but this is the (possibly) best bit:

there is also an option of a killswitch (or two) using a very high quality arcade fire button with the button icon of your choice ;) - these switches are the highest quality arcade switches available, they are expensive and the upgrade for a single killswitch is £30, a double killswitch (so you can hit them seperately with 2nd and 3rd fingers for example) is £40
example of a radioactive killswitch.

there are more images to choose from, they will all appear on the website as soon as one guitar is complete.

we will be taking pre-orders with a small deposit in about 2 weeks time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.