Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Project-Build: DNA-type Swirled Strat

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  LonePhantom 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, it's time for another project!
This time I want to try and put together a killer Swirled Super-strat.

Nate Perle provided me with a totally stunning cleared swirled strat body with hum/hum configuration and a back-route (to show the swirl of course!) The colors are extremely bright and not too busy and the color seperation is awesome-

HotRod6Strings provided a 1-5/8" aftermarket strat neck with an almost-black rosewood board and creme dots (which I might convert to green dots), 12 radius and #6000 Dunlop frets and vintage tinted, quarter-sawn maple with a nitro finish. I'm currently chasing down a LoPro bridge and I just ordered DiMarzio Evolutions in black/green. I'm also thinking green knobs and switch tip in (case anyone has some lying around.)
Anyway, that's where I am right now. I'm hoping it turns out to be a great guitar -time will tell......more pix and info as it progresses.....

See less See more
#5 ·
Update: neck is on. LoPro is en route, pickups in process....I'm thinking of putting a clear strat pickguard on her- ala Jem swirl. Floyd nut in cosmo black on order - and I'm going to go with the metal serrated knobs with the allen wrench locks-(like a tele)for me in a live situation they work better than hats.
Orange drop .047's are delivered, 5 way switchcraft and CTS 500K pots are here. Gonna spare no expense and use silver solder for all points on this one.

I'm a huge fan of tap-testing neck and body woods-AFTER they are put together. Each resonates at a certain frequency and they may sound good alone but sometimes they will cancel themselves out when joined together - I believe that getting the two parts to resonate in harmony and you're half way there to a great guitar.

More soon.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.