Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Building an js 1000 from scratch

9K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  twin5555 
#1 ·
Hi every 1 i'm new for this forum and interested for info about building a js 1000 from scratch....but only the body....any suggestions....as long as i will start the building process i will post my work on blog and will share any info about...

Actually i'm learning interrior design at the 3 course and familier with lot of cad soft and as well modeling softs like autocad 3ds max C4d....so along with that i can create a good drawing with dims and etc as well as 3d models.......so the more info i will get i will post it and create for others the cad blueprints.....

any info is welcome......for the beggining i need some info abouth the guitar.....

paste it here

thank you ...waiting for news....:razz:

#2 ·
Well I got the blueprints for the js or it 540 from radius, but it's low quality so i'm working on re editing the plans......so i will post it later... also i have created a cad plans in auto cad.....still without the dims... i will add the dims these days and post it....still waiting for info from you.....

the important things i need is the dims of how deep are the routings for the pick ups and ...i mean how deep are the holes.......and also the bridge.............have a nice day...........:D

#3 ·
www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com try this website for the templates. beware they may not be exactly the same as a real js guitar. i have a js100 and a js2000 and these templates are real close but some of the measurements are just a little off. the shape is good though. i just made my own templates from the ones i bought and i made some slight adjustments. its been a while since i started the project and i haven't finished or worked on it for a long time now. best thing to do is to get a body or whole guitar from an auction site and use it as a guide. it doesn't have to be in good condition as long as it is in one piece.

you can get a lot of parts from e-bay if you look long enough you can find what you need. rich has everything you need though and he is smarter than any of those other guys. stewac.com has a lot of parts and luthier supplies

good luck

#5 ·
hey thanx...for help.....about the templates....i found some very close shapes to create file.....so right now i'm working on the cad file to create the fine tuning for all the data.......i need.....i prommise i will post the file here for free and 1:1 scale avaliable to print and cut.......what do you say......?????

What i curently need is the measurement of how deep are the holes for the bridge and the pick ups.......very important......!!!!plz....some one that cam measure exactly the dims... i will appriciate!!! have a nice day!!! the blog post soon!!!!

#8 ·
I build two JS..Theard on this forum...
Pickup hole deep is 18mm, the depth of the tremolo hole on JS and the JEM guitar is the same, and holes where the springs go, is 21mm on the back side of the body...
Sorry on my English...but I hope that you understand and that I help you a little!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.