Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Let me introduce myself...

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  javimm 
#1 ·
Hey Jemsite, long time lurker and first time poster here. I'll have everyone know that I've been (shamefully) lurking the site for about a year now! I have finally gotten around to formally introducing myself with a little story:

It all started about 4 years ago, my friend had lent me a Gibson "The Paul" (yes that's right) so I could begin my immersing myself in the world of guitar playing. I was very excited and got the hang of many of the basics quite quickly. However, due to some problems with the guitar, he retired it to a guitar case (and still in need of repairs, not my fault!). This was about a year later, and then lent me a very (what I think) low quality Epiphone "Les Paul Model." It was all he had at that time. Now, before you scream "Freeloader!" I'd like to say that my family and I were going through some rough financial times and it was impossible for me to buy my own guitar! Nevertheless, I played the Epi to no end. I enjoyed playing too much!

Then my guitar playing era came to a halt: I handed the Epiphone back to my friend (about a year after playing it). I had anticipated buying a new Ibanez for a long while. I had gotten a job (I was 17 at the time) and was ready to buy my very own Ibanez. I had been inspired by a ton of artists who all, coincidentally, played Ibanez guitars! The likes of DragonForce, Sonata Arctica, Steve Vai, and many others. The RG was practically calling my name! There was trouble however, and I ended up not being able to buy my own guitar. I had monthly expenses to take care of (as well as more financial problems...). So I asked my friend for a longer grace period with the Epi, and he let me use it once more.

Fast forward another year (about January of 2010), and I am now unemployed (thanks, recession). My father had just gotten his tax return, and as (a very early) graduation gift, he agreed to buy me a new guitar. I think I nabbed a really good deal that same year in February when I got a 2009 RGR421 (Indo) for only about $330 (new!) from Sam Ash. And there is where it started, my first Ibby and boy was I excited! I had ALWAYS longed for an RG, and I finally had a guitar to call my own.

I've fallen in love with Ibanez so much, that I recently bought a factory second Iceman on Ebay. Looks like the only problem with it is a small chip on the paint, but otherwise it's flawless!

So there's my story, I hope you all won't call "too long didn't read" on me! I hope to really work these guitars as time goes on. :p

Regards,
Andres

See less See more
#11 ·
Hey Jemsite, long time lurker and first time poster here. I'll have everyone know that I've been (shamefully) lurking the site for about a year now! I have finally gotten around to formally introducing myself with a little story:

It all started about 4 years ago, my friend had lent me a Gibson "The Paul" (yes that's right) so I could begin my immersing myself in the world of guitar playing. I was very excited and got the hang of many of the basics quite quickly. However, due to some problems with the guitar, he retired it to a guitar case (and still in need of repairs, not my fault!). This was about a year later, and then lent me a very (what I think) low quality Epiphone "Les Paul Model." It was all he had at that time. Now, before you scream "Freeloader!" I'd like to say that my family and I were going through some rough financial times and it was impossible for me to buy my own guitar! Nevertheless, I played the Epi to no end. I enjoyed playing too much!

Then my guitar playing era came to a halt: I handed the Epiphone back to my friend (about a year after playing it). I had anticipated buying a new Ibanez for a long while. I had gotten a job (I was 17 at the time) and was ready to buy my very own Ibanez. I had been inspired by a ton of artists who all, coincidentally, played Ibanez guitars! The likes of DragonForce, Sonata Arctica, Steve Vai, and many others. The RG was practically calling my name! There was trouble however, and I ended up not being able to buy my own guitar. I had monthly expenses to take care of (as well as more financial problems...). So I asked my friend for a longer grace period with the Epi, and he let me use it once more.

Fast forward another year (about January of 2010), and I am now unemployed (thanks, recession). My father had just gotten his tax return, and as (a very early) graduation gift, he agreed to buy me a new guitar. I think I nabbed a really good deal that same year in February when I got a 2009 RGR421 (Indo) for only about $330 (new!) from Sam Ash. And there is where it started, my first Ibby and boy was I excited! I had ALWAYS longed for an RG, and I finally had a guitar to call my own.

I've fallen in love with Ibanez so much, that I recently bought a factory second Iceman on Ebay. Looks like the only problem with it is a small chip on the paint, but otherwise it's flawless!

So there's my story, I hope you all won't call "too long didn't read" on me! I hope to really work these guitars as time goes on. :p

Regards,
Andres
wow such huge one thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.