Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez RG350EX

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  D.M.RG7620 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
i am saving up money on a new guitar. I've been playing for about 3 years now. I play a lot of music styles, for exp.: RHCP, GUNS 'N ROSES, LED ZEPPELIN, NIRVANA, U2, DEEP PURPLE, GREEN DAY. One day, in the music store, IBANEZ RG350EX catched my eye. I this guitar versatile? Is it a good instrument? Or is there any better ibanez guitars in my price range? At the moment I have 500$. Thank you!

#2 ·
i have an 350ex and i think it's a pretty good guitar. it's versatile but pretty much every rg with H/S/H is... the only thing I found I didn't like is the stock bridge pickup when distorted. with a lot of drive it tended to get really muddy on the e and a strings.

play it first to see if you like it, imo. it's a great guitar for the price.

#3 ·
There's a youtube channel called "era1004" of a kid named Owen Chen and he played an rg350EX or DX, the white one. And he covers everything form cannon rock to Sweetchild of mine and a whole host of others. Check him out to see what one would sound like. He really does it justice.

#4 ·
Mates don't buy rg350 or 370..In my personal opinion these guitar are so "weak" and bad..Especially those new default pick ups....I tried a lot of htem and every guitar was bad....So high gain so plastic and syntetic...

You have 500 bucks, you should find second used rg550 believe me its a much better guitar..

And tremolo system (floyd rose someone would say) on 350-370 is EDGE 3 (III) and it is the worst tremolo system on Ibanez guitars...

You must find some Ibanez with EDGE (1) tremolo system or LO Pro Edge 1 if you wanna guitar with some temolo system as floyd rose...

Cheers I hope I helped you!

#7 ·
Edge 3 isn't that bad. I'm betting Edge Zero 2 is a better trem, though. I haven't played one yet but supposedly they're a lot like the Prestige Edge Zero. The problem the lower end trems have is they're cast to a weaker spec and aren't machined as precisely as their more expensive counterparts. Fine tuners are a dead giveaway. If they're harder to turn they're not as precise.
This doesn't mean Edge 3 is a junk trem. I had them on two guitars for years and they were solid if set up correctly.
My suggestion would be to look at the newer RG350's if you can, the ones with Edge Zero 2. The ones with the black dot maple boards look sweet!

#10 ·
The new RG350MP has the new Edge Zero II trem on it.... the same trem that's on all of the new RG premiums.

Note: only the "MP" version of the 350 has the EZII. Also, the INF pickups are not the best Ibanez has to offer. However, should you buy this guitar, someone here on jemsite will surely hook you up with some better pup's

#14 · (Edited)
I agree & disagree with some of the above posts. I own a Jem77BRMR, an RG350DX, A Parker Nitefly, an RGR321EXFM, and a few other axes as well. Surprisingly, the guitar I use most is the RGR321EXFM. I installed DiMarzio Breed neck & bridge pickups in it & it sounds awesome through my HD500, Blackstar HT-5 or my Carvin V3.

If this is your first step up from an entry level guitar, the RG350 isn't a bad guitar. The tremolo has mixed reviews, but I could beat the bag out of mine with zero issues. I will agree that it is the least of all Ibanez locking trems.

I'd say, unless you're hellbent on a tremolo, I'd consider a fixed bridge RG, as you can change tunings easily, and if you break a string while playing your entire guitar won't go wildly out of tune.

Also, any stock Ibanez pickups are not that great unless you spend over $1500 on the guitar. That goes for the whole range of guitars they make.

I'd consider this: I got a mahogany bodied RG on eBay for $300, and installed two DiMarzio pickups for $140. Sounds about as good as my Jem, and if I bump it by accident, I won't cry.

If you insist on a tremolo equipped guitar, I'd consider this:

S420

It's not an RG, but it's got 24 frets and a great tremolo system. It's $500 new, and you could wait down the road for a pickup change which, as I stated above, will do wonders for the guitar. It's a nice, mahogany bodied guitar (as is the RG I got used on eBay), but there's not alot of used 24 fret S series out there yet.

I, personally, would consider that with a $500 budget, the two options above are better than the RG350 option. If you still have your heart set on one, I'd go used, as they sell for around $350 on eBay, and you can upgrade the pickups, at least the humbuckers, with the spare money.

Just my $1.34 worth...

#16 ·
Well I find rg550 made in Japan 1995 for only 450e

So my suggestion is to buy second used rg550 in good condition for that 500 bucks...

It worth much more than stupid rg350 indonesia with ****y edge 3 which is junk! Believe me...Pick ups are junk especially! I dont know for you but I have ears and I hear....I hear junk...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.