Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge Tuning Problem

13K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  VexHead 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I've an awesome Ibanez RGR570IPT with the Lo-Pro Edge tremolo.

I read this is an awesome tremolo. This tremolo has been used by Vai too!

I've got some tuning problems. When I use the whammy bar, it goes out of tune, and the guitar go back in tune if I don't use the tremolo.

What can I do?

#2 ·
There could be several reasons why it is not staying in tune. For one, if they're new strings, you gotta stretch the strings to relieve some slack out of them. Second, you need to make sure the strings are properly locked/clamped both at the nut and the trem. Another thing that could be causing this is a loose stud which you would probably have to get repaired at shop. Lastly, make sure the thing is setup properly. Use the following as a guide for proper setup:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

Like I said, there are a # of reasons why its not staying in tune. Getting floating trems setup properly is a pretty detailed science, but once you get it it's pretty effing sweet. This is a start so I hope this helps!

Cory

#5 ·
Hello.
Sorry if I didn't answer!
Yeah, i Stretched the strings and it is intonated correctly.
But I don't know what can I do! The Ibanez goes out of tune when I use the tremolo, but only when "bend the note". Sorry, but I don't know how to say it in english.
Mhh… It goes out of tune when I pull the tremolo upwards.

Understand?

I'm going to bring it to a lute maker…*

HEELP!

#9 ·
Here what you need to do.
1.) set the fine tuners to the middle,
2.) unlock the nut pads
3.) Dive the bar up and down a few times, always ending on a dive
4.) tune with the tuners on the headstock, not the fine tuners.
5.) repeat 3-4 a few times until the tuning settles.
6.) Re-lock nut, do some whammy stuff, if not in tune, start back at 2
7.) ???????????????????????
8.) profit.

read this before you do anything stupid (coughsharpentheknifeedgescough) http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/lockdown.htm

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.