Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Coloured Strings

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Algiman 
#1 ·
Has anyone come across/seen/used these before?

http://stringsbyaurora.com/about-us

i saw a pink/purple set on a pic of a guitar the other day, and they did look pretty funky!

ive always played with Ernie Ball Super Slinkys, and when ive tried out D'addario and one or 2 others, ive not liked the way they've felt, and one set even went rusty in the space of a couple of months!!! 8O

i just thought with the amount of cool and funky guitars on here, if they were any good they might compliment some of them pretty well!

Rich

#2 ·
I've reviewed these, and the DR Neons on my blog. The Auroras are probably the better of the two, for both colour coating and tone.

The Aurora coating is an enamel, and feels more like a metal string than the DRs, and I'd say they held up longer too.

The colour wont last a great deal of time where you pick, especially if you are a heavy handed rhythm picker like me. I shredded the colour off the low 3 strings over the pickups in a 3 hour writing session with my band. The tone was still good though.

#7 ·
my strings tend to get changed every couple of months usually. im not whammy happy, and play more standard rock/metal than shred, so the strings arent massively abused. and the amount of time spent playing on a daily basis doesnt work out to be that much tbh! :( plus at £10 for a new set of strings, im not doing that twice a month! :p plus i hate that twangy sound of new strings!

ill have a little read of your review! cheers LP! :)

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.