Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Vai the god of Sound 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone would be able to post one of those computer rendered images of a jem, but modified :D . More specifically, what I'm looking for is a 7vwh, but without the gold bridge/hardware/ibanez logo. Rather, I would like to see the bridge/hardware/logo in silver.
Any help would be sooo appriciated. I wish I had the computer saavy to do this myself, but well, I don't!
The above is a possible mod I'd like to make to a 7vwh

#3 ·
I posted a request a few weeks ago but didn't get a response... anyone want a challenge? I came up with this novel idea for a jem!

Jem body swirled - 70% black 20% white and 10% gold (shiny gold, not sparkle gold).
Gold hardware
3 gold vol. knobs (maybe white, can't decide)
3 way gold pickup selector switch just below the neck pickup - no annoying 5-way switches please. And no annoying middle pickup please.
Sustainiac pickup (neck) with white top coil and black bottom.
Breed pickup (bridge) with black top coil and white bottom.
Fretboard is rosewood
Vine is Abalone ala Jem 10
Ibanez logo in is abalone shell
Headstock is just black, and bound in abalone.

This is the guitar that's being finished for me as I write this!

Thanks!
Gabe

#5 ·
oh and Gabe, wow man, does that ever sound cool. U're definately going for more than what I was looking for! Sounds like your restructuring the guitar totally, and quite frankly, I think it'll look stunning. Please post some pics of that baby when its complete :drool:
By the way, how much does something like that cost to do??
Also, how much does it cost to have the ibanez logo redone, and how do u go about doing that?
U da man gabe!

#10 ·
davester1234 said:
oh and Gabe, wow man, does that ever sound cool. U're definately going for more than what I was looking for! Sounds like your restructuring the guitar totally, and quite frankly, I think it'll look stunning. Please post some pics of that baby when its complete :drool:
By the way, how much does something like that cost to do??
Also, how much does it cost to have the ibanez logo redone, and how do u go about doing that?
U da man gabe!
Thanks for the comments. I've been working on this project for about 3 years now. Then neck and body are complete, with the exception of some routing that needs to be done on the body. I sent it off to Eddie last week and hopefully he can get working on it once I send him a check. I have all the hardware. Next comes the paint which of course Darrin will do.

The main reason for the delay in the project was the whole mess with getting Harper to finish the body. He did the neck which is incredible! But the body was not what I ordered and it took about 1 year to get it.

As far as the Ibanez logo - you can find people to do that. I'm not going to reveil my source because it can be a legal issue. Harper didn't even cut the headstock of the neck all the way because of legal issues. I did that myself...

As far as costs, here's an estimate:
Neck = $700
Body = $300 (I know, I got ripped off)
Additional Body Mods = $100
Pickups = $300
Gold hardware = $300
Paint = $300 (or so I'm guessing)
Shipping = $100 (for all the places I've shipped these parts!)

Total = around $2100

Should be complete for Jemfest UK, or so I'm hoping!
Gabe

#16 ·
thanx.
Thats kinda what I mean, but that looks a lot more black (or dark grey) than I'd like. I'm talking about a shiny silver, almost stainless steel looking, such as those on the fender guitars that don't have locking nuts. U know, the small, non floating bridges we jemsiters hate, that you can actually see your own reflection in? That would be so cool. (Of course, it'd have to be a low-pro edge). I wonder if they even make those?

Please, anyone who possesses magic!! Make me a graphic model!!! :wink:

#21 ·
#25 ·
those "computer made" JEMs are stunning 8O

there should be some sort of software out there letting people combine different bodies, necks, hardware etc. would be really nice for those thinking of making a custom guitar (like a 21 fret JEM with tune-o-matic bridge or some other strange combination which might be hard to know what it´ll really look like)

#26 ·
PerKr said:
those "computer made" JEMs are stunning 8O

there should be some sort of software out there letting people combine different bodies, necks, hardware etc. would be really nice for those thinking of making a custom guitar (like a 21 fret JEM with tune-o-matic bridge or some other strange combination which might be hard to know what it´ll really look like)
I believe someone started on this, but I don't know if it was ever finished.

Gabe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.