Ibanez JEM Forum banner

universe 8 string

33K views 194 replies 56 participants last post by  RGTFanatic 
#1 ·
I finished a mock-up of a guitar I am currently working on, curious to see what you guys thought. a universe 8 string, UV88MC ?

It should be close to this although it will probably have a grip, swirl type/swirler is still up in the air.

I wasn't sure if this fit in this section? but it is a universe clone after all.

See less See more
#6 ·
A kahler would have been easier, as I had to make (have made) the floyds, I was trying to stay as faithful to the original, and go "the road less traveled" on this? I don't know if it will be a really cool (be it expensive) novelty, or an awesome playing guitar, but I will only know later.

#5 ·
"but i saw this on SSO" IBZRG152prestige

yeah, I couldn't figure out how to post pics here (obviously got it now), but the bodies are being cut this week and any changes I want to do need to be worked out soon, so I am looking one last time for ideas before they are cut, incase somebody thinks of something different than my current direction. (grip, lions claw) etc....

#18 ·
yeah, I agree, I am going to ditch the claw and grip idea..... this is why I asked you guys... I have another that will have it but the UV8 won't. the other is a jem/universe hybrid 8 string, and the last one is a full on Jem 7vwh clone 8 string (gold trem above ) but with a white quilted top.

#24 ·
it was a first attempt, then I gave up as customizing it to the extent I wanted would have been harder than starting from scratch, so that is what we did. The grip was like that because I was told it wouldn't work in the normal position..... and we were trying for the early UVMC PAW which had the grip further back than the jems.... but your right it does look a goofy.

#37 · (Edited)
yeah, it really came out nice, I wanted the lizard/galaxy look because I thought it worked with the fretboard and the overall "Galaxy" theme, and Al really came through. I am really thrilled with the way this is turning out. At first I thought it was a little too black but then I started seeing the detail in the black and started to really love it.
I had my reservations about the project as a whole, because a lot of times things don't end up the way I see them in my mind and I end up disappointed, Because I can't do the work myself, I have to rely on other people to execute my vision and it doesn't always go well. But this is turning out better than I had hoped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.