Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Line 6 DT50 and HD500

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nashville Dude 
#1 ·
Been highly interested in the capabilities of these two pieces. Figuring now that they have been out for over half a year or more, has anyone on the forums had any experience with either or preferably both of these units paired together? Of course the local guitar centers don't stock the DT50 and conveintly are sold out of HD500's everytime I head up to check things out.

Essentially I am looking for a versatile tube amp set up for a cover band scenario where different models would be necessary along with having various effects to match signature tones. Previously I had relied upon the Spider Valve Mk1 to get me there, but the current problem with DSP boards failing and no parts available in back stock make me want to search out another option.

So opinions and comments?

#2 ·
i haven't tried DT series amps, but the HD500 is really good at what it does. we recently played a couple of gigs where I had to go direct to board, and i wondered during the set, if that was really the best tone I achieved in many years. and it fits in a shoe box :D lead tones were very fat and liquid, and the crunchier breakup stuff like cranked bassman or a vintage Marshall were simply awesome. Loved it.

I've gotta say that I don't like it as much when I plug it into an amp, but still, it's very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.