Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Put an Edge Pro in RGT42DXFM...

3K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  2DECADESSOFAR 
#1 ·
...and gave away the Prestige I yanked it from! This has been my favorite guitar for 7 years and now it's just plain badass! If you ever doubted it was worth the money to upgrade that crappy EP2 or E3 in a solid player, just shut your mouth and do it already! Man, what a difference!

#4 ·
I want a Lo pro in mine after reading millions of posts on here,just because your hand doesnt rub the fine tuners,ofcoarse about a 1/4 inch of wood needs to be routed back for the tail to fit ......but from what your saying some wood needs to be roved anyway for the PRO to fit properly. hmmm this can get conFuZing

#5 ·
I don't think you are gettin it. The Edge Pro is a low profile trem. Probably lower than the LO Pro Edge. Its a more modern version of the Lo Pro Edge, more streamlined, etc. you don't need to go to the hassle of routing out for a low profile trem, the Edge Pro is LOW PROFILE!!! ;)

#12 ·
Yeah, Ibanez Rules is run by our member/vendor Rich.

You can either read a few opinions on a blog, or you can listen to us members here that have DECADES of experience with every Edge model produced.

The Edge Pro is a drop-in replacement and works great without locking studs.

Like LP pointed out, it's already a low profile trem.

#13 ·
Well, Only reason I was leaning towards the low profile so much, is because the fine tuners are set back so far .Its much more comfortable & dont have to worry about slightly bumping the tuners while playing. Thats where my focus is as far as wanting low profile goes,hand not rubbing the fine tuners.
Also......I wonder why the Non locking studs on the Edge pro is such an issue ,yet it isnt an issue on OFR or schaller or just about any other trem system. Ive never even heard of this issue .The stud sleeve fits tightly in the body,as far as the trems ive had. Why does the Edge Pro need to have Locking studs but other trems ,it isnt an issue?

#17 ·
No--have you been reading the replies in this thread? They brought back the locking studs due to the old Ibanez nuts screaming for them to return. The locking studs were on the old Edge and LoPro Edge equipped 550s, 560s, 570s, 750s, 760, 770s, Jems, etc.

While it's great you've been trying to get answers here, there are tons of resources on the Internet you can utilize while awaiting replies. Here's a a good one on the Edge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibanez_edge

#21 ·
Stop assuming, and again, read what has been written to you previously!

When you are buying an Edge Pro (from eBay or whatever) see what is included. Confirm it with the seller.

Again, you don't have to use locking studs. Read again what I said yesterday. The only real reason people "claimed" less tuning stability is because they were used to having locking studs. In reality it's not really an issue, and no different to using an OFR (i.e. still a high quality tremolo unit).

You really need to start reading what is posted properly because it is clear you are not. You keep on asking the same questions. Of course we are all going to start getting annoyed at having to answer the same thing over and over...

#23 ·
@AB...LMAO!!! that had to hurt........:lol:

@2DECADES: Buy the Edge-Pro and don't look back......you'll be far happier with your guitar and you won't have to mod the body at all.

If, in a couple of years, you develop SUCH a good ear that you can detect slight tuning instability with the EP and that instability is actually caused by the lack of locking studs (not another factor) you can change them out at that point.

As LonePhantom said: (I'm paraphrasing...can't remember that actual words) The advantage of locking studs is miniscule. So small that other manufacturers (Floyd, Schaller, etc.) couldn't warrant the up-charge to their customers to supply them. Ibanez brought back locking studs for the old codgers (like me) because we moaned loud and long enough to get them. Do they make a difference in an otherwise well set-up guitar??? Maybe, but I sure cant tell............

Ryc

#24 ·
Maybe we need to make a video! All the kids these days don't seem to like having to read to take in information, and all want videos to explain things to them! :lol:

This is something I've noticed cropping up more and more. No one wants to read and process the information themselves, using their brains. It's got to be done "idiot box" style. ;)

#26 ·
Really? "I don't even know what a locking stud is"-----and those pics, descriptions and website links didn't help?!?!?

I've got to agree with LonePhantom on this----waaaaaay to much spoon-feeding needed these days, and even then---it doesn't sink in.

Sorry man--we tried everything to help you just short of coming to your house and laying all of the different trems in front to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.