Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2013 Premium Jem (or JS?)

6K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  replica 
#1 ·
ANyone heard any news about a new Premium Jem or JS? Keen to get these if they happen....

#4 ·
The Premium Uni seems good from a business standpoint but man, am I disappointing. First Indo UV:sad: Is that even a Universe or just another Ibanez 7. IMO you would be better of buying a 7620 and modding it. At least you would have the same trem, a MIJ built quality guitar and a rock solid neck.

I'm sure the new Green Dot will get some good sales but you won't see me playing one. Don't get me wrong I don't have anything wrong with the Premium lines I'm just partial to the original. Maybe I would have felt better in Ibanez were releasing a New J Custom UV with some new specs along with this one.

#13 ·
I'm excited to see what Ibanez is going to do with the 2013 Premium Jem. Do you guys think that it will have all the same as features as the 2012 or do you think it'll come with any feature/color changes? I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see one come out with the top 4 frets scalloped :D

#22 ·
So is this for real ?:confused:I saw it on a site listed as a NAMM sneak peak (listed as a JEM7V7-WH with a UK RRP of £2499!!!!) and thought someone had been at a Jem7vwh with photoshop.

Not my cup of tea at all!!! If they were gonna' go down the 'new' white 7 road then a reissue/revamped version of the UV7PWH would have been an infinitely better idea i reckon.
I suppose someone will like it though.

#27 ·
I saw an Ibanez 2013 catalog yesterday at my local dealer and it had the Jem 7V7 in it as well as the UV Premium. The UV was black with green pickups and green dot inlays. There also appears to be a new series coming similar to the RG line as well as a Tosin Abasi signature 8 string and an S 8 string. All the above is probably already known/expected but I just wanted to share the info.

#29 ·
I would just like to see multiple colors available in the same model year. I'm not crazy about the SFG from the pictures I've seen of it but the local Ibanez dealer says that the pictures don't do the color justice and the one he's had in looked really good. Call me crazy, but I think that one in red with a white pickguard, maple fretboard, and red vine inlays would look good.

#30 ·
When the SFG first showed up in the catalogue i wasnt a fan... But after about 4 months i thought id take a risk and ordered one having never seen one in the flesh.... Have to say when i arrived i was very impressed with the colour... I can say the same with both my RG1XxV and 2XXV also.... The photos online (in the Ibanez Catalogue) never show off the colours that well... I prefer to see peoples own snapshots or YouTube vids.... I love my SFG now, but do think 1 or 2 more colour options would be nice..... Since they are kind of re-releasing the Green Dot Universe as a Premium Id love to see a Premium Reissue of maybe a LNG, DY or SK Jem....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.