Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Prestige neck vs. JPM100 neck?

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  EXCrosslink 
#1 ·
Are there any Prestige or J-Customs that have the same neck dimensions as the JPM100? I am in love the the feel of my P1 and wondered if there were more necks out there like this.

Chris

#4 ·
Watch out, though, since I believe the 620x available in the states has the thinner Wizard neck!

The RG2020/2120 and RGT3120 are the only guitars currently available in the US that have the Ultra neck (which is about the closest thing to the JPM neck). Older USA Customs, non-US prestiges, and J-Customs are some of the other guitars available with the Ultra (or similar) neck profiles.

--B

#6 ·
#8 ·
Pretty sure my RGT3120 was 43mm...supposed to be an Ultra? Anyway, for me it's not just the string spacing, but the narrower feel on the neck, which might subtle and insignificant to some, in which case I guess a replacement nut might be a good option.
Greg

#10 ·
One of my students has the 620x.It indeed has the thinner wizard neck.MY 2020x and RGT3120 both had profiles similar to the JPM model.

I am most impressed with my RG2020x.it is noticably more well made than many other ibanezes.I did love the feel of the JPM neck and I equally love the 2020x neck but being scarfless,I have more confidence in the 2020x ultra neck than I would have if I kept my JPM 100P2

By all means.Check out a 2020x.You should have a very easy transition to it.

#11 ·
ultra neck was 43mm, i checked this on my friends RG2120x which is a prestige model = prestige ultra neck. the RG2120x is an updated version of the RG2020x - very nice guitar and the neck is definitely much nicer than the wizard or wizard II necks. i like the "fuller" feel of the neck, still like the JS neck best though :)

#12 ·
The Radius necks were supposed to be an Ultra profile, and they're not as wide. I measured mine at 42.5mm, but it was definitely about 1mm less than the wizard I had, which is supposed to be 43. Were there variants of Ultra available? Maybe a different width on a bound board?

#13 ·
i don't know about the Radius necks but I do know the JS neck is supposed to have a 42mm nut. then again i've seen wizard necks which are supposed to be 43mm come in at around 42.5 to 43.1, so i guess there might not be too much of a difference between a 42mm and 43mm nut after all :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.