It's $370 vs. $525

Differences as I see them:

Neck: Wizard vs. Wizard Prestige
Bridge: Edge vs. Edge Pro
PU mounting: Ring- vs. Direct-mounted
Price diff.: $155
Color: Rootbeer metalic vs. Royal blue

#3 ·
Well I'm still waiting to try the new RG1570 and in particular the stability of the Edge Pro trem, not just in the short term, but over a length of time.

At the moment, I'd still probably go for the RG570. If someone can convince me that the Edge Pro is the equal of the Edge or Lo-Pro edge, then I might be saying RG1570 :)

#11 ·
sorry to burst your bubbles...

i bought an rg 1570 over the weekend and it had a major tuning problem. it does the same thing as the edge with bad posts and knife edges. theres not really much of a difference between the two trems. i still cut off the ball ends. the edge pro is a little smoother though.

the 1570 neck was a little thicker i thought. it doesn't have the bubinga stripe. i didn't notice anything about rolled fret edges. i don't think the 1570 is any better than the 1570. i don't think they really give it any kind of prestige treatment either. i would go with the 570 for the price.

also, ibanez redesigned the trems becasue there lisence with floyd rose was up.

and here comes rich yellin at me like i didn't know what i was doing with it.... but you'll see when you get one. and if you get a bunch that stay in tune great, then you can criticize.(and yes i returned it)_

#12 ·
Well its obviously not setup properly. Even a trs setup properly will stay in tune (until the metal wears down and post need changed). Id be willing to buy one from rich and see what hes capable of. I really just want to try the new trem out and I think alot of 1570s are gonna be sold just for the low price and new treatments

#15 ·
I'm not yelling at anybody ;)

I really would have liked to evaluate one before somebody blated it. If they continued the specs from 2002' the things should float great after a setup.

The neck is definately Prestige if you weren't paying attention to the finishing work.

#17 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
Its "obviously not setup properly if its goin out of tune" Hello!! Knife edges are included in the setup as I havent seen a floyd in a long time that didnt need the knife edges sharpened anyway
i don't consider the knife edges to be part of the setup. if you go somewhere to have it setup are they ever like "oh, would you like some new posts and knife edges sharpened"

and perhaps they stared making the 1570's a while ago when they still were flat. the first numbers were on my serial number were 02

#19 ·
stratman219 said:
sniperfrommars1 said:
Its "obviously not setup properly if its goin out of tune" Hello!! Knife edges are included in the setup as I havent seen a floyd in a long time that didnt need the knife edges sharpened anyway
i don't consider the knife edges to be part of the setup. if you go somewhere to have it setup are they ever like "oh, would you like some new posts and knife edges sharpened"

and perhaps they stared making the 1570's a while ago when they still were flat. the first numbers were on my serial number were 02
Depends on who you take it to! Obviously not the guys at guitar center. capiche ;)

#20 ·
stratman219 said:
sorry to burst your bubbles...

i bought an rg 1570 over the weekend and it had a major tuning problem. it does the same thing as the edge with bad posts and knife edges. theres not really much of a difference between the two trems. i still cut off the ball ends. the edge pro is a little smoother though.

the 1570 neck was a little thicker i thought. it doesn't have the bubinga stripe. i didn't notice anything about rolled fret edges. i don't think the 1570 is any better than the 1570. i don't think they really give it any kind of prestige treatment either. i would go with the 570 for the price.

also, ibanez redesigned the trems becasue there lisence with floyd rose was up.

and here comes rich yellin at me like i didn't know what i was doing with it.... but you'll see when you get one. and if you get a bunch that stay in tune great, then you can criticize.(and yes i returned it)_
Please do not post like this on the forum. It is totally inaccurate... glen

#21 ·
what is so "inaccuarate" about it? i never said that in anyway these were facts. i said that i didn't notice any rolled fret edges. never said that there weren't any. i said that i thought the neck felt a little thicker.

the guys at sam ash said the thing about the lisence being up.

and you can't tell me that its inaccurate if you haven't even tried one :wink: . have you tried one glen?

#24 ·
i played a 1570 at starving musician in santa clara, ca a few days ago .. with the edge pro .. and man .. i was impressed.. stable as hell, and felt much .. softer .. spongier .. and that's a good thing. more subtle feel than the lo-pro .. which of course i love .. but man .. it's silky :)

~A

#25 ·
stratman219 said:
what is so "inaccuarate" about it? i never said that in anyway these were facts. i said that i didn't notice any rolled fret edges. never said that there weren't any. i said that i thought the neck felt a little thicker.

the guys at sam ash said the thing about the lisence being up.

and you can't tell me that its inaccurate if you haven't even tried one :wink: . have you tried one glen?
Couple things.

1.) actually, you did say they didn't treat it. And i quote,
i don't think they really give it any kind of prestige treatment either.
2.) I'd trust the guys at sam ash about as far as i'd trust rosie o'donnell for sex advice. the "liscense" ibanez had with FR didn't expire- rather, the Floyd Rose patent did. Thus, Ibanez was free to re-design the trem. You'll be seeing a lot of new floyd-influenced designs floating around this year, and its no coincidence they're working on a new trem as well.

3.) baiting glen is stupid.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.