Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Warning BUYERS on Ebay!!!

Tags
ibanez jem
5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  jelyfinger 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What exactly are you saying? Those three auctions do not look related, other than the fact that two of them used the same template. What evidence is there that someone is hacking into accounts and forging feedback?

This should be posted in the Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk forum, not in the Classifieds.

#7 ·
I thought the layout looked familiar.

email transcript, read from bottom up of course. Notice how they disapeared when pressed for proof of address.

yup, disapeared.

i guess since i haven't heard back from you you're not willing to verify
your address?

no reply

what good is your dl #? social security # is one thing but your dl is
pretty worthles [but what do i know, mabe a criminal could have a use
for it?] ;)
it's just the addres verification i need
rlharris to check my ebay feedback
www.ibanezrules.com is my buisness ;)

Hello dear buyer

Look I closed the auction yet. Our payment address is no a PO Box
or other Scam or freak as you says. Should i scan my DL? How can
i be sure that you are not pass it to some one?

Best regards, Maria

i can't verify it. i always verify all adress where i'm sending more
than $250. i will not send to mail boxes etc. or any of the other address most scammers use because of their rules of identification. i need to somehow verify your address is your address. a scan of a utility bill will suffice. drivers license, etc. there is no phone listed in your name which is how i normally [easily] verify
Rich Harris
XXXXXXX
Sewell, N.J. USA 08080

Hello dear buyer,
Ok im going to close the auction now for you. You not nessesary to be a high bidder i just closeit up and do the transaction with you.

Whats wrong with address?

Best regards, Maria

in other words you'd like me to become high bidder so you can close to sell to highest bidder? I cannot verify your address, you have no phone listing in new haven.

Hello dear buyer,
Close an auction now on you on high bid?

Payment address is:

Maria Ioffe
105 Ramsdell str A9
New Haven,CT,06515

Also we need your full address and name to ship the
guitar to.

Best regards, Maria

i'm your buyer then. need your info to send the money
order.

Hello dear buyer,

We have bought a guitar in Samedaymusic shop.
We understand you but do not worry about it. A guitar
is really new and its a good thats all we can say. Really good.

Best regards, Maria

if i may ask, where did this inventory come from?
i'm always suspicious when offered a new guitar [untouched in factory box] and less that dealer cost.

Hello,
Without carry case, just packed in a factory box.
We are in mini sellers group not too large.
Located in CT.

Best regards, Maria.

case? no case?
are you a buisness or is this personal?
where are you located?

Hi,
2003 year. Absolutely new brand. $900 include shipping. Going to buy?

Best regards, Maria.

thank you. is this a 2002? or a 2003?
what's the buy it price?

Hello. Yes no words. Its a brand one guitar and never been used before. No one opened this box.
Best regards, Maria.

not one word on the condition?

#10 ·
When I did not get the guitar I got sellers info from eBay and have him a call. The guy whos account this was has not sold on eBay for months. This Olga took his identity and sold a guitar that does not exist. I told eBay about these new auctions, but has not done anything yet!!! The cops are on it now. Woopee!!!

here is my transcript from Olga aka Maria...

> Hello dear buyer,
>
> Im going to close the auction now.
>
> Our address is:
>
> Olga Schisler
> 920 South Fifth Street
> Monmouth, IL 61462
>
>
> Yes, $925.00 is the final ammount.
> Let me know with your shipping address also.
>
> What is your name on ebay? ccouvillon?
>
>
> Best regards, Olga
========================================================
>> Yes, we have a deal. I will need the address to ship the money
> order to.
>> The money order will be for $925.00 right? I will send you the
> money ASAP!
>> This is for a brand new in box Ibanez Jem7VWH. No case I am
> sure. I will
>> get you my address with the payment. Thank You!
>> Carey
>========================================================

>>> Hello dear buyer,
>>>
>>> Its ok. I will close the auction now and you will be a winner.
>>> We prefer money order or a cashiers check yes. Sorry do not
> accept
>>> any personal.
>>>
>>> We will need your address and name to ship the guitar. We will
>>> ship via UPS 2nd Delivery.
>>>
>>> So we have a deal and i close auction up?
>>>>> Hello dear buyer,
>>>>>
>>>>> I see. Maybe i will close auction earlie? and you be a high
>>>>> bidder. Or?
>>>>>
>>>>> Best regards, Olga
>>>>>
>>>>>

>>>>>>> Hello dear buyer,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> There is the way to But it now:
>>>>>>> Place a bid for $900 and we are close auction then.
>>>>>>> Let me know.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Best regards, Olga.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I will pay $900.00. How do you want to set this up? Can
>>> you
>>>>>>> set it up as
>>>>>>>> Buy it now for $900 and I will grab it ?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
==========================================
>>>>>>>>> Hello dear buyer,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> $900 with shipping.

>>>>>>>>> Best regards, Olga.
========================================
>>>>>>>>>> What is your Buy it Now price?

>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> What year is this? What kind of condition?
>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks!
>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hello dear buyer,
>>>>>>>>>>> The guitar was made this year and absolutely new brand.
>>>>>>>>>>> No one opened this box before.
>>>>>>>>>>> Best regards, Olga.

#11 ·
I have no doubt the "sellers" [thieves] are one in the same, the similarity of replies just seals it. They're probably using drop address which will forward to another [probably another drop/fwd address]. That they've found a way to hack into the ebay accounts of others is the scariest part to me ;/

#12 ·
Rich said:
That they've found a way to hack into the ebay accounts of others is the scariest part to me ;/
actually, this is the most common new tactic for scammers. they steal peoples' accounts not by hacking Ebay, but by sending out 'sniffer' e-mails to Ebay users, with fake Ebay graphics so it looks like a mail from Ebay, and it says something like "your account will be deleted if you don't type your user name and password into this e-mail to log back on."

after people type their info into the fake e-mail, it sends their data back to the scammers. they steal accounts with positive feedback to run their scams, and the true account holders like the one mentioned above have no idea it's going on under their good names. non-Ebay scammers also use sniffer e-mails to get people's SSN, bank account #s, Paypal ID, etc.

so never type any of your personal info into an e-mail, or a website that you're not positive is the real URL of the site you want to log on to [some of the scam sites look totally real].

#14 ·
Scott of Actual Time said:
Rich said:
That they've found a way to hack into the ebay accounts of others is the scariest part to me ;/
actually, this is the most common new tactic for scammers. they steal peoples' accounts not by hacking Ebay, but by sending out 'sniffer' e-mails to Ebay users, with fake Ebay graphics so it looks like a mail from Ebay, and it says something like "your account will be deleted if you don't type your user name and password into this e-mail to log back on."

after people type their info into the fake e-mail, it sends their data back to the scammers. they steal accounts with positive feedback to run their scams, and the true account holders like the one mentioned above have no idea it's going on under their good names. non-Ebay scammers also use sniffer e-mails to get people's SSN, bank account #s, Paypal ID, etc.

so never type any of your personal info into an e-mail, or a website that you're not positive is the real URL of the site you want to log on to [some of the scam sites look totally real].
I know better than to try and think at 8am.

Yup, always getting those fake mails for ebay and Paypal, just got one yesterday. Simply, ebay and Paypal have both sent out notices of these fake emails that try and dupe you into giving your information, and both state that they never request information through email. ebay cares, but there's not a boatload they can do about it except close the auctions and suspend the accounts, unfortunately suspending a good members account because they were stupid enough to give their info to a rat.

#16 ·
I used my friends email address to ask one of the above auctions a question.... speaks for itself!!!

=====================================
Wednesday, November 19, 2003, 8:45:00 AM, you wrote:

bac> Wow! COOL GUITAR! How does it play? Is it brand new, or just slightly used? Does it come with a case and accesories? Can you end the bidding early? How much were you hoping to get for it?
bac> Where are you located?
bac> Peace!
bac> --------------------

Hello dear buyer,
Its play good for sure, really good thing. Never been used before. It
has a factory case. We can end it for Buy It Now. Give us a good
offer and we will. We are in Illinois state.

Best regards,
Olga
Sale Manager
** Thank you for taking an interesting in our products we are listed on eBay. We look forward to helping each and everyone of our buyers. Feel free to ask us any questions! **

--
Best regards,
scottbro mailto:scottbro@mail15.com

#18 ·
Hi,
I would just like to thank Groovy Coovy and Rich Harris. If it wasn't for you guys, I would be $486 poorer today, and another guy would be out $330.
I contacted ebay, and they have removed the scammer's(Olga) account that she had been using for my auction, and are looking into the matter.
Thanks again, and Groovy Coovy please keep us posted on your case.

john1880

#19 ·
Here's one for ya, A couple months ago I bid a Ace frehley Coustom LP and was outbid at the last second, Well a few minutes later I recieved an e-mail saying that he would sell it to me instead for a few hundred less. Get this!! "Send bank wire to BURMUDA"!!!! This was NOT the guy that sold the LP but a SCAMMER that stold his e-bay name just like you guys are talking about.. :evil: Be carefull and ask ALOT of questions and don't give out ANY info to nobody......

p.s. NO I did not send money to Burmuda...... 8O

#22 ·
This hacking of existing members accounts to defraud a buyer using the credibility of the members standing/feedback is definitely going on! This week there was a JEM 7VWH on *bay with a 24 hr. auction(the red flag!), the single pic was from ibanez website of the guitar(not an actual picture..another red flag). Bidding was going like wildfire when after 10 hrs. the item was ended and all bids were cancelled stating a listing error. I emailed the member and ask if he was going to relist and he responded back to me:

"I did not list this item, whom ever did, did so fraudulently, thus I
termanated the auction. The guy was about to take your money and leave me
with the tab. If you want the item his Ip address is 64.12.96.235 and the
ISP host:cache-mtc-a106.proxy.aol.com" ,
----- Original Message -----
To: <srcastle@rcn.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 4:48 PM
Subject: Question from eBay Member

WATCH OUT EVERYONE! This just happened!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.