Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2 heads into 1 cab ... how?!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  drrico 
#1 ·
Hey whats up... I need some strategy help over here =)

Let's say i have no pedals/preamps ... and I want to A/B these 2 heads hooked up to one cab.

Straight from guitar to - Y, then A to Head1, and B to Head2. Now my problem is figuring out where the spkr out of Head1 goes, and the same for spkr out of Head 2?!

My cab is a Mesa Std... so there is 1 input for mono (8ohm) and 2 inputs for stereo (4 ohm) and lets assume these heads can be flexible in their ohm settings.

Thanks for your help!
_Tino

#2 ·
you need a high gain amp switch, like the boogie model...I'm sure other people make them as well. The problem you have is that you can't simply a/b without maintaining the resistive load on the head not being used unless you have a specific piece of gear designed to do that.

A less expensive option would be to rewire your cab to operate in stereo and plug your heads into each side, then use an a/b to send your guitar signal to the desired head. But you'd only get to use half of your cab with any one amp, but the full cab with both heads going at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.