Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Not really rare, but I don't think they had the production output they did later. You occasionally see them on eBay, and IIRC they go for a few hundred. I'd love to get hold of one for the neck - bound ebony fretboard, and a profile pretty close to an "ultra".

They were the best bolt ons Ibanez had at the time (there were neck thru prolines as well) - Japanese made, Edge trem, etc.

#5 ·
They made a bunch of prolines, and I believe the 1880 is a tiny bit more scarce than the 1770. They're not rare and not worth a lot of money. They are however, really, really nice guitars. They have nice bound ebony boards with tiny little dots, and cool platinum colored hardware. I have a Walnut 1880, it looks like it's made of koa. I got mine with case for US $225 last year from a brother of mine who has 4 now (I have 2). If your buddy doesn't care for it, take it off his hands :wink:

jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.