Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Evolution 7 bridge/what in the neck?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  The Dark Wolf 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 7 string that came with an Evo in the bridge. What would be a good pickup for the neck position in terms of both a combination and by itself? Looking for definite clarity while clean. Thanks :)

#3 ·
Dimarzio Air Norton 7 for the neck. Nicest sounding neck pickup I've ever heard.

Very rich, round, and clear, but with a smoky, dark quality to it. It is the (IMO) best pickup for guitar solos you may ever hear, and it is really, really good for high gain rhythm sound. Has good harmonics, too! Has a full, articulate jazz type sound clean, and does a nice Strat neck pup impersonation in parallel mode. Splits nicely, too.

Great pickup. :wink:

#4 ·
Wordwolf said:
Dimarzio Air Norton 7 for the neck. Very rich, round, and clear, but with a smoky, dark quality to it. It is the (IMO) best pickup for guitar solos you may ever hear, and it is really, really good for high gain rhythm sound. Has good harmonics, too! Has a full, articulate jazz type sound clean, and does a nice Strat neck pup impersonation in parallel mode. Splits nicely, too.
i love the AN7, and everything you say about it is also true for me, but i wonder if a Blaze neck might not be a better match for an Evo 7 in the bridge. to the original poster, i'd say that if you like the edgy, sizzly sound of the Evo 7 and you want that sizzle in a neck pickup, go for the Blaze. if you want the rounder, smoother neck tone that Wordwolf describes, the AN7 is a great choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.